EA Membership cost, time is ticking......

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mardi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Seems a bit stupid to have their meeting in November? Wouldn't you have that kind of meeting in the middle of the year to give yourself time to prepare and advise member etc?

The problem is they don't have any competition so they can treat everyone however they like.

2. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

well in my thinking when they did the new fee structure for the half year set up- they would have had to have worked out the fee structure for this year....

but yes- why are they doing it so late?? this should be the most important thing for them? no members no EWA?

3. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

This time every other year they are putting notics out saying membership is due and please hand you performance cards in so we can get them back to you. This year zippo.

Has anyone put there cards in yet seeing as the last half year was no points?

4. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

EC Have you put your noms in for the Twilight series yet? :)
    Im waiting on mship to put mine in but dont want to miss out!*#)

5. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Good point Babe, isn't the twighlight limited numbers? Well how can you entered early if your not a 2011 member?

6. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Exactly Mardi! ;)

7. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

if no one has their membership then i guess u won't have to worry about the limited numbers, coz there won't be anyone going.....catch 22

8. Leighchel

Leighchel Active Member

i joined for the 6months this year and have already done my entries for the Twighlight Series as im in pony classes and theres limited numbers.

Babe your EFA number doesnt change if you dont want to miss out you could always do a sneeky and just enter and then renew before the event :))

9. Excelsior Centerpiece

Hey babe! i am doing the twilight but cant enter yet as wont be a member at this rate same boat as you!!
    will be doing pony prelim and novice i think... lol depends on how much membership is hahahaha might just do novice... sucks as ponys dont have many spots!!

10. Leighchel

Leighchel Active Member

hey kassie,

For the 1st Twighlight event Prelim has 4 spots left and Novice is full.

For the 2nd Twighlight event Prelim has 1 spot left and Novice is full.

For the 3rd Twighlight event Prelim has 4 spots left and Novice is full.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  11. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Good for you getting in early **) but I can't see how they can or should be accepting a entry without a 2011 membership.

Also I think for the ones that didn't join for 6 months (pick me!!), then you can't put an entry in for a competition. Well now saying that maybe you can cause who cares seems to be the go!!!! *#)

12. Excelsior Centerpiece

ya... this is a point....

13. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Maybe you should enter now EC.

Its not just about the twighlight comp its about any comp where entries close early Jan. How do you enter if you dont have a 2011 membership- sigh :eek:

14. Excelsior Centerpiece

well they got a a dirty two page feedback letter from me last year and i walked with my $ for the last 6 months...

not afraid to write up another letter....

15. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Just had a look on Global entries at the classes I was considering doing.
    One class is almost full. Sadly it looks like I'll be missing out as I won't enter without knowing the new membership fees.
    If they want early entires then they should advise members of the fee structure early.
    An other classic example of how disorganised our EWA is #(
    Think I'll be sticking to pony club run events.

16. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

EC you GO GIRL!!! **)**)

17. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

I am sure, as always, it will have fallen on deaf ears.
    Their dodgy antics earlier this year had me report them to the Consumer Protection Watchdog, as their forms clearly stated "Membership 2010/2011" and yet when members were sent their new cards, it was THEN made clear that it was 6 month membership only. That is illegal..... Not to mention a pretty fundamental bloody mistake!

So, lets start taking bets on how long the handbook will take to be issued!

18. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Hey Heif,

The handbook will probably be in the next antique road show.....*#)

19. Excelsior Centerpiece

haha im in...

im betting it will be out in may!

20. Excelsior Centerpiece

Have just checked and well ive missed out on my novice entrys anyway- no pony spots left so wont be doing it.

will be writing a letter... how can the accept entrys when membership is not yet renewed?