EA Membership cost, time is ticking......

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mardi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. myst

myst Active Member

Ewa

I think we are so lucky to have a venue like the SEC for our competitions. Everyone from overseas and the Eastern States are full of praise and say how fortunate we are. I have been following this and the other thread and not sure if some of those people making the comments even compete at the SEC.As to the office staff, I work as a volunteer at times in there and I know how hard they work and the crap they get over the phone from people, which i might add, they take with much patience.If it means costs go up to support the SEC, I for one am happy to go without something to keep it in the equestrian hands. Ease up.:))

2. Wendy

Wendy Well-known Member

And I bet the local Council is licking it's lips in anticipation of an SEC collapse, imagining how many beautiful little house blocks they could put in there on that Prime Real Estate.

Just look at what's happening to other outlying suburbs, Armadale, Secret Harbour, Baldivis!

Just a thought (I hate councils, can't you tell, what they are doing to our rates here is abominable). #(

3. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Well it really hasnt gone up as much as I thought it would, when you thnk about it car insurance, house insurance, pet insurance are all so expensive as well.

Its all the cost of being in a high risk sport too! I compete at the SEC occasionally, and I too think its a good venue, and if I have to pay an extra $50 a year to compete there, then thats fine. Everything increases is price! Membership fees are not immune to this either';'

4. letsride

letsride New Member

I pay my Medibank Private Insurance every month at a cost of $210 per month. I dont claim, but its still better for me to be a member than be hit with the ATO Medicare extra taxes. ';'

I think the cost of $390 for a full year of 24/7 insurance alone is very reasonable.
    I love the SEC and woud hate to see it go.
    I will be renewing again :)

5. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Is there a breakup of the membership costs? Where is the money going? I recall from recent years that it is NOT a high % going to insurance... how much is working to keep SEC?

It is the lack of communication that drives me the most mad... they just do soooo many really unprofessional things.

6. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

Ok just re-newed my membership online....well I hope I have...either that or I have paid for my 2010 membership again *#) The prices had changed to the ones in the newsletter but the memberships dates were still for this year not 2011!

7. IPPH

IPPH New Member

I would consider us fortunate if the grounds were better maintained - the grass looks like a frigging moonscape, horses stumbling in divets all over the place, and the indoor is boggy as hell. The outdoor dressage arenas are nice enough ... bit unfortunate for those that don't ride dressage of course.

I would be VERY HAPPY to pay double the current membership IF and only IF the grounds were better maintained, particularly the grass and the float parking areas ... not too hard to put some bluemetal down surely.

I for one will choose not to compete at the SEC until such basic matters are attended to.

If this is seen as 'bagging' so be it ... I prefer to see it as constructive criticism ;) after all, EWA wants to know what its members think ... right?? :}

PS: not losing membership forms with cheques/credit card details attached would be a great start :p*#)

8. pso

pso Gold Member

Ditto! **)

9. myst

myst Active Member

Ewa

I agree the grounds could be better and I dislike the indoor surface but complaining on a forum is not going to change things. Contact the CEO and tell him your complaints, he is the one in charge, a forum will not effect anything.:))

10. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Sorry if it's been said..
    But has the price for 2010 membership been released yet? :) Thankyou

11. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Hiya Lauren.. Do you mean 2011??

Yep they have released them for 2011, do you want me to email them to you. I am going to become a member (for the first time!!) Gives me more options in what I compete in and also the insurance is a bonus.

12. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Oh hahaha!
    That was meant to say 2011 :p
    My hand just automatically types 2010 *#)

Yes please :)

13. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Haha.. 2010 was so last minute*#)
    Sent:)

14. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Thank you :)

$350 really isn't tooooo bad :p
    My bank account is going to hate me haha!

15. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

I have to pay the new member fee as well.. so $450 for me, just as well I am getting some tax money back.. will be going towards my EWA membership:p

16. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Damn just saw that!

Ouch!

Hmmm.. I duno if I can afford it.
    I don't do many EWA shows if any a year.. :/

17. lil bec

lil bec Well-known Member

I don't see how these new prices are resonable? We are having to pay both a junior and an official membership and just after Christmas?? thats asking a bit much and I know much larger families that will be having to pay alot more :(
    I understand that some will go to the re-grassing of the SEC at the end? of 2011 and apparently we dont have to pay ground fee's at the SEC?? but I don't plan on riding there due to the grounds being unsuitable for my horse and we will only be jumping him sparingly. Plus many organizations are struggling to hold events there due to the cost of hiring the grounds. I think EWA is really struggling and also making it quite undesirable for many people to consider competing.

18. pso

pso Gold Member

Lauren-
    do what many others are doing then...just join as a rec member (no joining fee)- it is cheap for insurance cover- even if you think you dont need it...and then upgrade to associate if needed, in 2012... The joining fee will never disappear...so best get foot in the door before a joining fee is added to all classes of membership **)

Actually...wondering if how people would go joining as a recreational member in january, and then asking to upgrade their membership to associate/senior in february??? Could be a way of avoiding/lessening the impact of the joining fee ;)

19. Double Helix

Double Helix Well-known Member

Clever thinking pso :)

Can't see why not ... bit of a different scenario but I upgraded from Associate to Senior half way through a membership year and just had to pay the difference.

20. IPPH

IPPH New Member

You are right Myst, I think I will do just that, hopefully it will get me somewhere! :)) Lol no a forum doesn't change anything really, agreed, but it made me feel a bit better for having a bitch and a moan :p*#)

Sorry CEO, you will be hearing from me, hope you're sitting down *#)