EA Membership cost, time is ticking......

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mardi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

What does RECREATIONAL $205 WAIVED mean?? Does that mean if I want to be a Recreational member I don't have to pay a membership fee??? Assuming they'll accept my renewal membership after they hear about my complaint to Consumer Affairs!!!:p

2. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Iam presuming it is the joining fee that is waived';'

3. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

It means the $100 joining fee is waived. You still need to pay $205 membership.

4. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

Never mind, it was worth a try!

So, if I get my $190 for the last 6 months refunded as I've requested, then I can join again for 12 months for $15 more. (Which kinda highlights why I was so p***ed at paying $190 for the 6 months!!)

5. Teal

Teal Well-known Member

Ok so I don't really know what I should do...any help most appreciated. I haven't been a member before, and obviously want to do this as cheaply as I can, so a few questions:

I am planning on joining wanneroo ARC anyway, so am I correct in thinking I will already be covered to ride in any shows on their grounds?

And am I correct in thinking some shows will offer a day membership to be covered by their insurance to ride on their grounds?

So if I were to join EA as a recreational rider, I would have 24/7 insurance at home and lessons (but not competitions? How does that work?) and as a wanneroo member I can compete there. Then I could also enter any shows that offer a day membership/insurance?

I am planning on getting out and competing a bit but to be honest can't see it being very much, my mare is still green and I don't own a float so I am a bit limited. Is what I have mentioned a viable option, or is the day membership thing no longer around, so in that case I would ONLY be able to Enter shows at wanneroo?

6. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Well I'm happy as all I wanted to know was how much it was going to cost to join again. **)

I think its pretty reasonable, better than what I thought it was going to be.

7. katers93

katers93 Well-known Member

How much was junior membership last year? I was a schools member last year but I'm sure I remember that junior was a lot less than $350 :(

8. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I think Junior in 2009/10 was $270 for the 12 months. It is now $350 for 12 months.

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

You are covered by public liability insurance if you ride at an event organised by the club - so if it is on the same grounds but a different organising club you are not covered.

The 24/7 insurance is personal injury insurance so if you fall off at a show you are covered for medical expenses but not if you damage someone else's equipment. You can enter any show that offers day/competition membership yes, but not all clubs would be doing that.

Pony Clubs can still offer day membership for shows through PCAWA. EWA affiliated/insured clubs can only offer day membership if they have it as an option in the individual Club's constitution. Otherwise at this stage you would only be able to enter shows run by Wanneroo ARC.

10. Nicky6065

Nicky6065 New Member

I was one of those people that did not renew this last 6 months I wanted to wait for the yearly membership, but I cant believe the Junior Membership is only $40.00 cheaper than the Senior rider. I for one think that Junior ( kids) membership should be bit cheaper than that !

11. Hit n Hurry

Hit n Hurry New Member

I agree with you Nicky. Junior membership is just too much, especially in my family. Two juniors and one senior (mum). It puts our family membership at over $1000. Guess we will be doing more pony club events and not EWA.

12. alexander

alexander Well-known Member

Thanks pso, so my question is, if I OWN a horse competing officially, but don't ride myself, which membership do I need to have???

Cheers

13. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Well this won't make you happy, but you need full senior membership if you own a horse that is competeing.

They sting you for this crap knows why - I spent a very long time cussing them over this one!!

14. alexander

alexander Well-known Member

Thanks nannygoat...I did fear the worse...damn!

They are not really encouraging breeders to go out and sponsor riders for their horses are they? Maybe I will just retire Sally to stud a bit earlier than I planned :(

15. Foxtrot

Foxtrot New Member

Wonder if there will a big drop in Juniors if families can't afford it.

Also, if Associates go off and join clubs instead of EWA, will there be any competitors in Associate competition?

16. madcow

madcow Guest

whats happened to the "Show Horse" membership?

They used to have a MUCH cheaper Show horse EWA membership (maybe cheaper cos SH had competition?) Looks likes it's gone now? maybe EWA show horse is on the way out?

Out of interest Why should junior membership be cheaper? I know kids are expensive little creatures and people often have a few of them but thats not EWA's fault? I'm assuming it costs as much to do whatever they do with the kids membership as the adults? Insurance would be the same?

I know a few have said that at least 'offical' riders get value for their money? Ummm if I join 'senior' this year the only thing I get is the ability to compete?

17. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

MC that might have been me? I was meaning compared to the other memberships. Its not much more than assoc, yet you can compete officially, vote and register horses.

I want to see a breakdown of WHERE the membership costs come from? % insurance, % national levies, % "admin", % 6-month-late-OTT-newsletter-that-noone-reads LOL

18. Foxtrot

Foxtrot New Member

Maybe the idea is to get everyone to become 'official' so that there is really just one sort of membership. Then there is no confusion about what people can enter. That might also explain why Associate membership is only $40 cheaper.

19. Abbey09

Abbey09 New Member

Just wondering what events would I be able to compete in that I wouldnt be able to without it!

20. madcow

madcow Guest

ah yep the 'other' types of membership arn't much cheaper. Poor 'officals' having to pay to spend their weekends working at horse shows lol

I don't think we'll ever see that breakdown ROFLMO

I only just had a look at the collections from last year 2009 because some (quite a lot actually) got dropped off at Europa.....it's almost 2011!!!!!!!!