EA Membership cost, time is ticking......

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mardi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

:}

Really wish they'd let us know how much its going to cost for next year so I can remortgage the house *#)

2. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

what? You wanna know more than 4 weeks in advance????? Get real.

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I'd love to know too so I can plan whether or not I ride at the summer series and whether I go for Associate or Official membership.
    No doubt being the well organized EWA that they are, they'll spring it on us last minute *#)
    Fairs fair. They want us to enter events weeks in advance so they can get numbers and plan ahead ... how about lending us, the members who keep the SEC running and pay their wages, the same courtesy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
  4. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Yeah bit rude of me to ask really.........*#)

They close over Christmas so doesn't leave them much time, maybe they'll just drop the bomb and then run and hide.

5. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

sounds about right :)

6. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Damn right! I remember when they previously did calander year membership (what was the cock-n-bull story they spun when they changes to financial year? :}) and this was always a problem... Will be funny when people havent been renewed and are competing at SS... not that anyone ever checks, do they?

7. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

wasnt SS cancelled? im doign the fri night series but also am waiting to renew...

man the DRAMAS witha capitol D that i had last december when joining and doing entrys for the 2010 year was an absolute joke!! never want to go through that again!

am getting very peeved we havent heard anything yet... just makes their credibilty as an organisation slip even lower in the scale in my view....this should be a major focus point for them.. (no paying members no organisation!) youd think they would have it sorted and settled in good time with notice!

i did email them beginning of november and they said to me they were waiting on their meeting in mid november to sort it out.... thats still to late if you ask me... and its now end of november and still havent heard.. and they are closing down for xmas...

REDICULOUS!!

8. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

No they don't. I remember the day's when you had to produce your details at the start of the event or else you couldn't ride.

9. Excelsior Centerpiece

just emailed them again.. will let you know what they say if they reply...

10. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

just wish i could work in such a cushy organisation with the grand "she'll be right mate" attitude they seem to hold LOL

11. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Good luck with that. The office is closed at the moment for some Activ10 conference or other.
    Office was also closed for Melbourne Cup (wish I had the luxury) and will also be closed for 3 weeks over Xmas (again I'm jealous as I don't get that pleasure).
    I agree with Heifer about it being a 'cushy' job. Any other business would go broke if they treated clients the same.
    The difference being we have no choice but to suck it up and accept whatever they throw at us if we want the pleasure of having lessons or competing. Talk about being held by the short and curlies :}

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
  12. Excelsior Centerpiece

HA this is just getting worse!!!!

you would think getting members signed up would be a priority....

13. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

MONOPOLY...

Except I am an EX-member :))

Never would have thought I'd be a SHC member ROFLMAO!

14. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

I just dont understand how they are going to go about this.

Membership is due January so end of December, still nothing out to say how much it's going to cost and they are closed from the 17th Dec - 4th Jan. Events start very early Jan next year.

15. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

WOW we are only closeing 24th-4th LOL oh but wait we have competition so have to treat our clients properly, cant interrupt productivity and will all be exceedingly busy before/after this short break (those of us who dont work during it from home...).

So who is really to blame from the troubles they are in?

16. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Mmmmmm maybe I could go hacking instead.............

Nope can't picture it!!*#)

17. Excelsior Centerpiece

hey hacking aint so bad!!!! :)

18. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

I know EC but just not for me :p

19. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

LOL didnt say i was competing! ROFLMAO! Just taking a few years off EWA to train, in the vain hope that by the time I want to compete again there still IS an EWA to go to LOL (and that I can afford it on my above average salary ROFLMAO)

20. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

oh well if there's no price then no one will pay the membership so no one will send in entries and then the comp will be cancelled and the EWA will have bugger all members. that's what they diserve. so either they get their butt into gear or bye bye EWA