Does anyone know my old horse???

Discussion in 'Sticky Topics For Open Discussions' started by Tic Tac, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Tic Tac

Tic Tac Well-known Member

Omg, Born To Ride You Are So Lucky.

2. KDS

KDS Well-known Member

she was called 'Avanche' and was used at a trail riding place up in geraldton for years. she was brought down to perth in approx 1997 and then sold to a family for their girls to ride.

she was a funny little thing and loved to pop in a pig root any chance she could - but still safe as for a beginner.

i think she is a waler from memory. stands approx 14h, maybe a smidgen under.

she hated horse floats and if given a chance she would turn around and face backwards! and by 'if given a chance' i mean left untied!

she was approx 9 years old back in '97
    and would also have a upside down L shaped scar on her chest from when she chested a star picket. but it healed so well no one might of noticed it.

3. miss_skoobz

miss_skoobz Well-known Member

Still looking for Snip.. :(

4. Born to Ride

Born to Ride Well-known Member

She was 13.2hh, did you sell her to some people in merredin?
    she was the best horse, i loved her, i got her for my nineth birthday, and the people that we brought her off dropped her off on the morning of my birthday.
    Mum got her out of the float, and as soon as i saw her i fell in love with her:)
    The first thing i did before i put her in her paddock was ask dad if i could have a ride, dad lead me bare back, all i had to support me was her mane, i held onto that (i had never ridden a horse bare back before) and we had walked about 4 steps and i said, "dad trot" i trotted all the way up the paddock.

I really miss her, i want to go see her if i can find her and if i find her current owners i will be sure to tell you:):)

5. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Just curious if anyone knew my old galloway.
    His name was Quincy or Kanbara Sebastian.

He was quite a successful hack in his day, some of the older *#) members might know of him.

He was a liver chestnut with a blaze. He used to go so dark he was almost black some times.

His sire was Upset and his dam Kanbara Flicka.

6. Born to Ride

Born to Ride Well-known Member

I don't know him, but have you got a pic of him, because i think other people will probaly ask:)

GoodLuck:))

Chloe

7. Tic Tac

Have you already posted a pic miss skoobz if you have one

8. Tic Tac

******Bumpity Bump******* still looking for Candy

9. KDS

KDS Well-known Member

lol
    do you realise you just bumped a sticky???

do you have any idea what bumping even is??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

10. Tic Tac

Do you mean me?

Everyone else does it.
    Of course I know what it means or I wouldn't put it on.
    Anyway I am sure you would of seen other people put bump bump on the sticky thread :mad:

11. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

It still bumps it for people who just hit new posts like me I guess.

12. Tic Tac

What do you mean

13. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

Well because it's a sticky it stays at the top of it's category :) But I always just hit new posts instead of going into Open Discussions or what ever.

14. Tic Tac

Ok i get what you mean know.
    Are you looking for a horse??
    I am

15. Paint8

Paint8 Well-known Member

Worth a go I guess.. sorry no pic's cause I don't have a scanner!

Black TB Gelding 16.1h racing name "Drought Buster" star and snip. I sold him to a lady who was being trained by Les Bunnings and not sure where he went to from there.. Did not like getting on floats and had been hit with a jigger (sp) in the past.

Buckskin Mare "Tandy" I bought her from a lady in Bridgetown who sold her because she reared all of the time, turns out she was trained at El Caballo and was taught to do it with a half halt and a slight squeeze. I sold her to someone in Brunswick Junction, they had a farm. Would love to know how she is going very nice Mare.

TB Gelding I was riding for a while, Chestnut 16.3h ish stripe down face and a sock I think. Racing Name "Rock Machine". Lovely horse that went back to racing after I was riding him, would like to think he ended up in a nice home.

Thanks!!

16. Tic Tac

Still looking for Candy.

Height: 11hh-12hh

Breed: Australian Riding Pony

Color: Chestnut (With a few little white spots):)

Marking: White star

If you need a picture please look on the first page.

Thanks if anyone can find this lovely young lady I miss here.:(

Cheers
    Holly:)

17. Tic Tac

Buckskin Mare "Tandy" I bought her from a lady in Bridgetown who sold her because she reared all of the time, turns out she was trained at El Caballo and was taught to do it with a half halt and a slight squeeze. I sold her to someone in Brunswick Junction, they had a farm. Would love to know how she is going very nice Mare.

Do you have a picture>

What is her

Age, Color, Breed, Height, Gender.

Please PM me so I know a bit more info on your buckskin.

18. Paint8

Paint8 Well-known Member

hmm age, not sure possibly 15+ she was about 15.1hh, Buckskin and a Mare.

I have a pic but no scanner! Will work on being able to get the pic on here..

19. Tic Tac

Ok that is great but i am not sure if I will know her the one I had was only 13hh-15hh.

20. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Spose I'll join the cue:

Look for "Cabbage". Bay anglo mare about 14.2hh. Stripe with a sock on her near side back leg.
    Would be nearing her late teens / twenties now?
    Competed in eventing as "Nazara Arabesque" had seen her about but now lost track.

Would like to know that she's happy and well. Happy to tell the owners about he past if they want to know it.