Dilutes WA presents 2011 Winterama Breeds & Performance Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by DilutesWA, Jun 13, 2011.

1. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

cant wait for this show :D im like a kid in the candy shop...

still deciding wether to plait or not since i didnt get any photos from harvey show :( but thinning the mane is gonna take daysssssssss...

2. Piwi

Piwi New Member

providing the weathers not too bad i'll be there on sunday with Asha, my little pinto weanling, hopefully she will be better behaved this week :eek:

3. horsescomefirst

bad news, the weather says rain all day, not even a glimpse of sun lol:p

4. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Stop it :p lol

5. horsescomefirst

well i dont wanna get pnemonia! is there under over at this show?

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

No shelter except at the club house. And last time I went after rain the grass was very soggy.

I am another who will decide on Saturday, particularly as the horse I will take has only just gotten over a cold :(

Two months of fairly good weather and no shows. Now the shows start again the rain is finally coming!

7. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Under cover?????
    Yep its called a rain jacket:p

8. horsescomefirst

what kind are we allowed to wear? do yo umean like the clear pvc ones? far out, where do i buy one of them at short notice??? haha

i just hope the weather man is wrong *#)

9. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Drizabones work well**)

10. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

HCF not sure where ur reading the weather from but BOM says A Late Shower or Two for Sunday. Will have 2 going now.

11. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Pinto1980, they have changed it since yesterday then. Also the late night TV weather report had rain forecast for at least the next 7 day. Not that forecasts are accurate past one day if that anyway LOL

12. shaz71

shaz71 Well-known Member

just a query, i have already got diesel entered in the halter and open ridden, and have a little friend who will be doing the best presented classes and beginer ridden, is she able to enter on the day?
    and as i paid for the performance tixket does she need to pay a well?

will mkae sure i dust off the drizabone tongiht :p

13. horsescomefirst

im getting my info from the chanell 7 weather reporter. you???? :confused:

i dont have any drizabones, are you allowed to wear them in the ring? whats the point in getting dressed up then?? :confused:

anyway, rain, hail, shine, im going out for a fun day (hopefully, unless i slip on my butt in the ring lol) and to meet some lovely people **)

ill just bring about 7 changes of clothes with me :)

14. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

i would say the only classes you would get marked down for would be best presented and handler other than that you could be in your pjs and it wouldnt matter. (not very respectful but in the other classes they are judging the horse not you and the horse

15. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

I have actually been placed doen in a BP in the middle of a downpour for not wearing one**) The reasoning behind that would be that it was appropriate attire for the conditions I guess:)

16. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

oh fair enough that does make sense. when in doubt see what the judge is wearing. if she/he is in a dryazabone you wear one to. *#)

17. horsescomefirst

well i dont own a drizabone so therefore wont be wearing one, but you wont miss me, ill be on a bright yellow pvc raincoat in between classes lol

and i have been told that the judge ALWAYS jusged handlers outfit in all classes not just BP??

oh well, im not doing any handler classes and only 1 BP in my breed class.

well i think thats correct, im in about 9 classes and got no idea now i sent of forms what im actually in hahaha :p

18. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

no reason why a judge would judge what a handler is wearing in a breed class';'

19. horsescomefirst

well thats what i thought but was told different from a few other show people.

some say ya do, some say ya dont ';'

20. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

what you wear contributes to the overall picture, but it is the horse being judged (or should be)**) Any judge worth their salt will judge the horse