Dilutes WA presents 2011 Winterama Breeds & Performance Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by DilutesWA, Jun 13, 2011.

1. DilutesWA

DilutesWA New Member

24th July 2011 will be the date of the inaugural Winterama Show, held by Dilutes WA.

The venue is the Perth Horse & Pony Club grounds, Jon Saunders Drive, Herdsman.

Programs can be found on the Dilutes WA website.

Judges for the event are as follows:

AM
    Ring 1 Di Porter
    Ring 2 Paige Salmon
    Ring 3 Catherine Anderson
    Ring 4 Petrina Porter

MISC
    Ring 1 Di Porter
    Ring 2 Catherine Anderson
    Ring 3 Paige Salmon

PM
    Ring 1 Catherine Anderson
    Ring 2 Petrina Porter
    Ring 3 Paige Salmon
    Ring 4 Di Porter

We hope to see you all there.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Can you please clarify if this is a "non plaiting" fun day or a "normal" Open Breed show';' thanks:)*

3. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

Am looking forward to this show :) It will be my ponies first w/t & c hack day out.

4. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I went last year and had a great time :) I hope it is still a 'fun day' tho, I am not up for serious competition just yet!
    Hate the drive into Herdsmen tho but the grounds are gorgeous so i guess its worth it lol

5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I hope to be there :)* Don't know what horse I will have yet :D

I am confused about the miscellaneous classes though (and also the ridden best presented/rider).

If you have a broken colour dilute (which must also be registered with a broken colour registry ie pinto/CBCHS/etc) are you allowed to compete in both rings since you are eligible to do the BCD classes under that rego and the other classes under your other rego?

6. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

DA Broken Coloured Dilute is a showing only registration and they must compete in the BCD classes only for on that registration.
    So yes a BCD can enter the BCD classes and the other classes on its other registration

7. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

My son will be going..Good Program but aBit pricey with the xtra Misc classes so still deciding weather he will do them or not..Which is a shame as the more classes the more experience for him...Will see i guess.

8. mudslide

It is a 'normal' breed show but it is up to the owner to clip/ band/ plait. The show is based on the Winter Woolies show that did run ( no plaiting or clipping), but dilutes called it the Winterama show in order not to confuse competitors or offend the society that did run the winter woolies show

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  9. Gemgem

Gemgem Well-known Member

Will they let adults on large ponies for the ridden? Would you be laughed out of the ring for having a fluffy pony?

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

So are they allowed to compete in AORB classes at other shows then? I am guessing not if the organisation that is in charge of the rego won't let them compete against any other "breeds" :)

11. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Gemgem, don't know about the adults on ponies :) But doubt very much that you would be laughed out of the ring ;)

12. mudslide

Im not too sure where you are going, but any DA registered Broken Coloured Dilute can only use this registration for Broken Coloured Dilute classes only. It can compete on its other registration but at no time can compete in A.O.R.B or A.O.R.C classes on BCD papers

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

That is what I was wanting to know :) So it is a registry that is only valid at DA shows since it is unlikely that other shows would put on specific classes for them. I wonder how many clubs running breed shows are aware of that?

14. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Darn I was going to help at this show

thought it was for the weekend before

But sad.........same date as the christmas in July show for Canning districts

so will not be able to attend

15. mudslide

No it isnt a registry that is only valid at DA run shows, its valid for any ( DA reg) BCD classes put on at shows. And the branch has been approaching other breed shows in order to get these classes on.
    In regards to your question about the BCD rulings, the showing certificate clearly states that this registration is for BCD classes only and does actually state what the other coloured society the horse is registered with.
    Also we have been in contact with shows run this year reminding them about the BCD rules, and if you havent seen BCD registration papers before it clearly states that the horse only eligible to be shown in BCD classes and it will list the other coloured society the horse is registered with

16. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Hello, hope we can get to this one.

I think what Mirrawee is asking is if they compete at another breed show that do not have a specific BCD class can they compete in the Any Other Registered (not listed on the program) Class ?

17. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

with BCD rego u can ?nly compete in BCD classes. So if there are no BCD classes u cant use the rego. I think it abit unfair since u can use ur ancillery etc rego and horse is chestnut but can still compete in aorc or aor.

18. mudslide

BCD is a showing only registration, has absolutely nothing to do with the DA studbook at all.
    Where as ancillary stock have studbook registration so they do have the right to go in AORB or AORC.

19. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Oh OK, wow that's a new one. Thanks for clearing that up.

But I still don't fully understand it but then again it doesn't affect me was just wondering that's all.

20. mudslide

No worries Dollar **)
    Quite simply a (DA Reg) BCD registration only entitles you to enter BCD classes only.
    Thats the way the registry has been set up and not at any time can a horse be shown under its DA BCD paperwork in open company ( hence why they can not compete in AORC or AORB )