Different Color Roans!

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Coliban Quarter Horse Stud, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Hi All!
    I would like to share roan color galore in my backyard with you! All babies are by Tru Blu Texan (imp)

red roans
    [​IMG]
    red and bay
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

blue roan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

red and blue
    [​IMG]

more pics in the next post
    lena

2. here you go!
    red roan
    [​IMG]

red and blue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bay and red

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more in the next post

3. roans roans roans!

her eyou go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a liver chestnut boy Bundy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bundy will make an awesome time event, crosscountry, hack or dressage prospect, see how wide his nostrils are? It is a must for an adequate air flow to the lungs when in hard work. Bundy is by Three Solid Bars.
    lena

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  4. Shabelle

Shabelle Active Member

Ahhh lovely roans is the smaller red roan Bindi? (the more silvery one) Starting to get confused with all ya roans out there :)

5. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

wow there so different arn't they in a good way of coarse :)*

6. nah, Shabelle*#)*#)
    Bundi is HUGE! She is a darker red roan next to the blue filly!:)
    She is massive!**)

7. Wrangler Miss

Wrangler Miss Well-known Member

Lovely foals :)

I love roans .... I would love to own a Pally Roan or a Buckskin Roan one day!

8. Hi WM:)
    Dilute roans don't look as striking as dark based ones:)
    cheers, lwna

9. lia4466

lia4466 New Member

Hi

Ive just recived my little QH Perlino filly. Ive purchsed her to go to my new Paint Stallion. I love the blue eye's. Ive owned 2 cremello's in the past and love em.

Im going to end up with a buckskin paint.

Can anyone tell me how to up load the image?

10. Trojane

Trojane Well-known Member

Oops I had missed these new pics of Bundy! Yes he looks good - love those flared nostrils!
    Sigh! :)

11. Wrangler Miss

Wrangler Miss Well-known Member

This is true ..... The Blue Roan is definately very eye-catching **)

12. yes, so as dark red roans on a very liver body:) or bay roans on a dark bay background.

feeding frenzie, magical white buckets! Lol!:D . All the babies are leaving on Wednesday, with The Notable Transport to NT, QLD, NSW, SA.:(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lena

13. hehehe Trojane
    Bundy was so good to float train and drive around:), he is very cool minded like his dad.:) he's gotten very tall too, he is not out of a very tall mare (14'2) but is the same height with the filly out of a 16'tall mare. Lots of leg and air under his belly. A perfect prospect for Dressage/Hack.:D
    lena

14. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Here is a bay roan filly that I had once. She was Cleveland Bay/Hanoverian out of an Appy/Thoroughbred mare.

What a combination!!!!

[​IMG]

15. Simbin
    yas, what a genetic cocktail!*#)
    Where's roaning come from? She certainly looks like a classic roan, not an appy.

16. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

coliban my first big horse was a blue roan Standardbred. His sire, El patron, stood in NZ and produced a number of dark roans - where would the roaning come from?

ETA: sorry was in the wrong User :eek:

17. I don't know much about SBs, but I have never heard of a pure bred roan SB, CB, TB or Hanoverian p:confused:
    Roan and Dun factors are tipical to foundation (primitive) horses and ponies.

18. hey coliban.. find if i PM you a colour question :) ?

19. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Definitely purebred coliban :) he raced. Will have to dig into prehistoric pre-digital photos and find a pic.

20. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

she looks like a varnish roan to me