Difference between Tipperary Youth Body Protector and Adult Body Protector

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by NaeNae87, Jun 12, 2012.

1. NaeNae87

NaeNae87 Well-known Member

Any one know?? Other then the size?

2. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

From what I can see it the size and colour. Youth are blue, Adults Black.

I have a Adult m and a Youth l and fit into both of them fine. The youth is a little shorter in the length as well

3. NaeNae87

Cool, :) my adult M is too big for me (lost weight) which is good, cos well
    I lost weight but bad coz I forked out for my body protector and have worn it all of 6 times. :( my friend has given me her youth one which fits me, and I was wondering if there was any real difference in them.

4. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

The youth size is a little shorter. I'm a small adult and when I went to buy a tippereray found the youth size fitted me better due to the slightly shorter length than the adult small size. Bonus is it's cheaper but you have to buy blue.(I could still do with it being a little shorter though, hits the back of the saddle sometimes...but would rather be wearing it than not)

5. Neats

Neats New Member

Same for me had an adult small but found it was too long, now have a youth medium and fits perfectly

6. Pocket Rocket

Pocket Rocket Well-known Member

Sorry but i wouldnt get a tipperary BP as they are only level 1, which means they are for jockey riders and track riders. :)

If you go into a horse shop to look at the, read the tags that are attached and it will tell you what level safety it is (its a 1 though) and it tells you what it was designed for.

However alot of people are out there competing in them, just my opinion though :)

7. NaeNae87

If I was competing at a higher level (pre-novice +) then I would look into it, however we are only jumping d and c grade heights. I have fallen off quite a few times wearing a Tipperary BP and they did a pretty decent job of cuishioning the fall. For me they work well and I feel secure in them. But each to their own. :)