Decimation of Australia's Heritage Brumbies

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Deejay, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

I posted a link to hoofs2010 about a month ago asking people to please support the cause if they felt that way inclined.

I'm really disappointed at all the slinging going on in this thread.

I'm not interested in getting into the argument for either side but I really do think it would be good if those who are attacking each other could please stop.

We all have diff thoughts and feelings on this issue and after reading every post on here I don't even know what mine are anymore. But I do believe that stockyard and hoofs2010 are not going to receive positives from threads like this.

Comon guys I know stockies is a great forum and I know hoofs are doing all they can in their pursuit to stop what they feel is wrong. Please stick to the debate without the name calling would certainly make for a much nicer read :)

2. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

I am really saddened by this, where this thread had potential to be a really good tool for education the supposed supporters of saving the Brumby have clearly done more harm than good.

In searching through the various groups have have seen clear success for some of these action groups, and I would happily put my own hard earned cash towards seeing these groups plan more rescue efforts to save those horses worth saving, but only as part of an overall holistic plan that acknowledges that many, the vast majority of these horse can not be saved.

Need to be culled and in some areas completely removed.

It can be done, with concerted effort it has been done, by starting of with small areas and working out, fencing as you go, most if not introduced pests can be removed and these areas restored for native flora and fauna.

It has also been shown that wild horses can actually be beneficial in some instances to an area, where native species have evolved along with the horses to rely on each other, as often happens in time.

A blanket save them all approach is just as wrong as a blanket KILL them all approach.

Its amazing that this dried up old witch can see this yet the people trotting out brumby heritage clearly can not.

This is my last comment on this thread, I flat out refuse to feed the trolls any more.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
  3. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

This thread is deteriorating at a great rate!

Going................

admin

4. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Goingggggg

5. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Gone???? :p **) :))

6. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

and gone LOL

7. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

:) gone????

8. Janet Winter

Janet Winter Guest

Yes it has and you know what so is the Australian landscape. Also our good values and respect.
    I have read a lot today so can someone please explain the difference between culling any ferrel animal it seems expectable to gun down all the rest but not horses why they were brought here for the same reason, to supposedly make Australia what it is today.

9. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

because the (example) rabbit doesnt evoke romantic images while it hops over the countryside unlike the image of a wild horse galloping free out in the bush...

10. Magic Moon

Magic Moon Well-known Member

I think its sad, but Nestles have ceased the manufacture of the Polly Waffle after 62 years. Obviouslly not heritage enough!!!!

11. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

Ive only found this out from reading this thread! SHATTERED! #(

12. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Never did like the pollywaffle. It always reminded me of a big turd LOL

13. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

OMG!!!

i nearly choked on my chips then LOL

14. BrumbyGuardian

BrumbyGuardian New Member

You know what is funny, the fact that you are getting up Lynne for being rude, as far as i'm concerned, she is only standing up for what she is beliveing in. So why don't you stop criticising her. Also you say that HOOFS2010 has trouble canzassing members or support, i certainly had to laugh at that, how would you even know, HOOFS has far more members than you could even imagine. :)) :(

15. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Brumby Guardian hey, Lynne gets shown the door for her dreadful behavior, phones around the troupes,

TA DA we now have you here to defend the indefensible.

[​IMG]

Hands Can to Admin

[​IMG]

Time to UNLEASH

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
  16. EVP

EVP Gold Member

God Shar you spoil all the fun............*#)

17. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

we had great parts of this thread where we were all working together to try come up with a good possible solution- then the fantatics came in- with rudeness and namecalling and abuse. why woudl you do that- it is counter productive to your cause....

i advise these people to read the ENTIRE thread.... then start again with constructive posts, With evidence to support statements.
    teh only evidence i have seen is not from any of them.

Hoofs2010. i am writing a complaint to your organisation about the way you have handled this thread- im sure the founder would love to know.

18. Katts

Katts New Member

Just remember even the sensible, non emotive posts received smart a#%e comments!!!
    :}

19. EVP

EVP Gold Member

EC I think that is a great idea. These people are supposed to be the face of their organisations? When they come across as over-bearing-know nothing zealots it does nothing to further their cause or even draw people to seek information. People simply switch off. Or get a Polly Waffle.....lolol

The wishy washy statements that were all based on personal idealogies got swallowed up when they ran out of "heritage"....then they got rude.

20. Katts

Katts New Member

Something I do agree with most of you on is that the Polly waffle should be saved...
    and sorry but I was surprised to find out that most of you are ageing toward 50's...you sure must have spent alot of time on the computer as you all seem to know each other well and are very good at posting links, photos etc must be because you have nothing better to do; unlike some who are out there busting their butt to do SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE... I didn't think computers were around when you were at school....:))
    See ya
    from the feral kitty:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.