Davrac Quarter Horses

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by BugEye, Jul 29, 2010.

1. BugEye

BugEye Active Member

At Davrac, we believe that type may be influenced by fashion and finance, but eventually, we as breeders have a responsibility for the preservation of the breed. With this in mind, we studied the market and discovered the lack of the tried and tested bloodlines of old. With this knowledge in mind we researched what bloodlines had a major influence on the industry both past and present. Where ever we looked they all had one thing in common, they all traced back to Three Bars. Be it in the cutting pen, halter arena, pleasure arena or racetrack, all the greats had Three Bars breeding. With Three Bars proving to be such a pre-potent sire, we decided to get some Three Bars bloodstock of our own and attempt to build a breeding dynasty.

We stand 2 stallions at Davrac

Coliban ThreeBars of Gold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Service Fee $1200
    Click here to watch video of this special boy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAfNvCaFLKg

Milky Bar Walks On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Service Fee $1000

Visit Davrac Quarter Horses breeding quality Performance bred horses for more information

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

welcome davrac**)..beautiful boys you have there..just stunning

3. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

Im not a fan of QH's but I must say they are stunning. Some beautiful horse's you got there Davrac :)

4. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

welcome to stockies Davrac
    your boys are totally stunning **)
    cheers shyloh :}

5. Welcome to SY, Davrac!
    Both of your boys are sprctacular looking individuals!**)
    What is your secret to keep them so shiney?:)
    lena

6. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Welcome davrac!:)) I too am a quarter horse man.**)

cheers...admin

7. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

I'm in love with both of those gorgeous boys!

8. BugEye

BugEye Active Member

Hi Ya FF *#)

Coli, good genetics and a balanced feed are all it takes. they are not on anything special just Oats, lucerne chaff, lucerne hay and livamol

Thank you everyone for the comments on our boys :)

9. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Am totally loving the big Yella Fella - what a sensational example of a Quarter Horse!!

10. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

The red one has a beautiful coat. Very eyecatching.

11. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Welcome Dave :)*

Both those are spectacular looking boys. The coat on the red one nearly had me reaching for my sunnies!!! *#)

12. Davrac:)
    any dilutes showie would tell you that oats and livamol are a big no-no for clear coats in pallies/buckies. *#) you don't want them to get dappley or smutty.
    I think you are safe with your boy... we bred few pallies by TSB.
    One or two were a bit smutty as babies (being on high protein intake( milk, oaten hay and grain)). When they drop their baby coats they stay very clear undernieth, very easy to prep for dilutes show rings. You can feed them anything and there don't get smutty. Your boy is a prime example me think.:p

13. BugEye

BugEye Active Member

Well Lena, it all comes down to genetics. By breeding a Pally to a cherry red chestnut you have the best possible chance for a true Pally offspring. Other colour chestnuts will give you pally's but then they are possibly not a true pally (by definition and standard) and subject to smutting. There are always exceptions though. We have been showing palomino's for decades and have always feed oats, green chaff and livamol. We have only had one horse that we had to feed white chaff and no livamol. He was bred from a darker chestnut.

14. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

fancy meeting you here..@)

15. Yes, Dave:)
    but when you breed VERY SMUTTY & DAPPLEY pally mares and end up with a good clear color we were a bit surprised for starters, then we got used to it hehehe*#)
    The mare your boy is out of used to get very deep dark gold being on pasture only!:D ...

16. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

Wow check out the trot on the golden boy!

17. Like father like son, Lexie!:)*

18. BugEye

BugEye Active Member

Hey Coli,

why don't you get video footage and post online so we can all see for ourselves

19. Might do one day in spring, when the coat is as perfect as on both of your boys! hhehehe:D

20. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Welcome to Stockyard Dave, the boys are looking fantastic:))

Cheers

Sue