Darling Range , First show.

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mega Kool, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

hehehehehe!!!!!!!!

2. morris

morris Active Member

PS what happened in the ridden classes? I would have loved to stay, but had sore feet adn a tired horse...in SoS she kept closing her eyes!

3. CC

CC Well-known Member

We have a good day yesterday in the ,

2nd best presented Part bred andalusian
    Champion part bred gelding
    then

Supreme!

Was along day was so tired by the time I got home.

4. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

There were only two pallies. A gorgeous 2yo colt who was so well behaved when a filly got loose and was running in circles around him and of course Mirawee's gorgeous Diva whowent Supreme - YAY!

There were 5 buckskins who I thought were all absolutely stunning (I think they were all in different classes).

Kym went Supreme buckskin which I was absolutely stoked about (and a little surprised) as there was definitely some stiff competition including KC Metallic Jetsetter!

5. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

He went reserve champion to a lovely gelding with a big black spot on his bum (I don't know who he is but I remember that spot from somewhere else - it's so cute). I saw Leanne warming him up for the ridden - he looks so lovely and quiet under saddle (I didn't do the ridden so not sure how she went)!

6. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

Well we had a great day - it was my OH first go at running out a horse and he really enjoyed himself. Our standy got the following results:
    2nd Best presented
    1st Gelding 4 and over
    Reserve Champion gelding.

Our boy behaved himself impeccably - i am so thankfull that he never gives us any drama!!

[​IMG]

7. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

@) Hi Jonsie

*wolf whistles* Ike looks great :)) and Murray doesn't scrub up badly either. They look an awesome team. Wish I could convince my OH to run out Ted for me, he's a faster runner lol

8. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

*waves* Hey Bon, Teehee yeah they are pretty spunky but i am totally biased pmsl... Murray had a BLAST!!

9. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

Naaaw theres my Ikey! So when's the ridden career startiing? ;)

10. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

The ridden starts when i get a backbone lmao!!!

11. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Oh Jonsie! I know who you are now. Your boy is a stunner! I noticed him at the State Champs he went to. Hope you get him out more often, he is definetly one of the nicest Standardbreds around. **)

12. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

You're right Gaia, he's totally gorgeous with temperament to match :) I'd have 10 Ikes.

13. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I should add that i was talking to you outside the ring. I didn't show yesterday, I had a baby in a pram instead.:D

14. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Well done Amanda**) congratulations. You two did so well.

Jonsie your boys look very spiffy.:D

A very nice lady and little girl came by with their two mini's. You should have seen Poppy's face, it was a "what the?". The lady kindly brought her mini close to Poppy and they and sniffys. You should have seen the face my mare pulled, like OMG boy germs. LOL. I wonder if that lady was a stockie?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  15. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Ali, I saw you but had my hands full with Diva so didn't gte a chance to come and say hi :) A lot of the horses had bees in their bonnets (or ants in their pants in Diva's case :p) A total of 3 loose horses running around (2 of which were stallions and the last was a filly who decided it would be lots of fun to canter around the pally colt while he was in the ring! He was a very good boy - except then was a bit excited in his classes :p)

CC, I saw your boy, he looks very nice. I have to admit it was the most lively Andy and part-bred classes I have seen though!

Marianne, what colour were the Mini's?

16. Leeara Park

Leeara Park Active Member

Hi guys,
    Well done to everyone.
    Our girl, Leeara Park Royal Petite went Supreme Riding Pony and Top 5 Supreme of Supremes. We were stoked as she is only 1 1/2 and there was some great competition.
    She is the first foal by our resident sire Royal and Regal of Sefton.
    I would post some pics but i dont know how!!!
    There seemed to be quite a few horseys doing 'victory' runs around the grounds without handlers - definitely was very amusing!!!

17. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Morning S. Like a grey/blue colour. The lady and the little girl had one each. They came around your way after I spoke to them. So friendly which was nice.

I also met Kimerley, she was stoked when Chloe got best presented.**) Chloe is a very pretty girl.

18. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

Oh thanks Gaia - that means alot! I was wondering if you were a stockie but was too shy to ask :eek:!! We are very proud of our boy and are very lucky to have him. He is such a quiet horse which is why i was so happy that my OH wanted to have a go at running him out! We are hoping to get to a few more shows in the near future and then hit the Royal!

19. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

WOW! Well done Amanda.....stiff competition there indeed**)

20. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Marianne, quite likely it was a forum member then ;) Actually both mother and daughter are members :D