Darling Range Breed Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by OBHH, Aug 24, 2010.

1. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Yes, I will have Diva there :) Only doing the ridden at this stage. Will decide on Sat whether to bother getting there early enough for the led Show Hunter LOL.

2. magic_kiss

magic_kiss Active Member

3. magic_kiss

magic_kiss Active Member

i will be bring a section a and a section b both mares and they are taking them in the ridden classes

4. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

5. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Haha the more support the better! **) Look forward to seeing you there Sorrel! :)

6. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Can someone tell me how long you think it would take to get there from Baldivis?
    Also I have never been to the ground before- is there plenty of parking? and are there yards?
    Ta:)

7. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Probably about 50 mins, umm I haven't been in ages from memory parking is pretty good, and yes there are yards :)

8. kodeeking

kodeeking New Member

Program

Hi Guys,

Could someone please send me a program aswell :)

To kodeeking@gmail.com

Appreciated

9. magic_kiss

magic_kiss Active Member

Thanks =]]]

10. stormie

program sent

11. kodeeking

kodeeking New Member

Bit confused (newbie to the show scene)

Hi everyone,

I have a thoroughbred x stockhorse and he is registered with the EFA as a thoroughbred etc but it says on the program that all thoroughbreds need to be recorded or registered with either the WA turf club or the australian stud book. Does this mean i cant go in these classes and need to go into the stockhorse classes, for my horse didnt race or even get near a race track, was purposly bred for other.

12. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Ok, I admit it.... I'm confused *#)
    If he's a x bred, then how can he be registered with the EFA as a T/B ???
    Is he registered with the stockhorse society ? If not, then not he can't compete in that class either.
    He needs to be registered with a breed society to be eliglbe to complete in a breed class. Otherwise he can only be shown if they are holding an unregistered class.

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Is he pure TB or TB x Stockhorse? Only pure TB's are eligible to race and are registered with the Studbook. If he is a cross then he is not eligible for the TB classes. If he is registered Stockhorse he can compete in the Stockhorse classes, if he does not have any breed registration (EFA/EWA isn't a breed registration, you can write anything for their breeding on there) then he will be shown as unregistered.

14. Sam & Max

Sam & Max Well-known Member

My 11 yo daughter will be riding in this show too......She has been kindly offered a pony to ride from a lovely stockie....its her 1st show she has ever been to....She is soooo excited....so am I :p

15. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

16. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Thank Tarz for letting me know about the grounds:) Geez I will be getting up early- have TB classes at 8am.

Bought some clippers today just to do his feathers and under his jaw. Did a test run this arvo to see how he would cope with them. He was SO good, a little spooky at first and then within 5 mins let me rub them all over his body. Happy that he won't be hard to do.. now just for the fact that I haven't clipped for a few years! Hehe:D

17. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Oh I think I missed the point where it said 8am, yuck! Early start then :(

18. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Yep.. sadly early for a sunday.. Will see you in the best presented class then.. we will have to officially meet:)

19. raindear

raindear Well-known Member

We will be there with our P/Welsh Buckskin. @)

20. stormie