Darling Range Breed Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by OBHH, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Our first show as well RW.. we will be in the TB gelding classes though.. How hairy is everyone's ponies? My boy has been in a paddock untouched over winter so has grown the usual feathers, ear hair and a very bushy beard.

I don't own clippers so unless I get someone out to do it for me he will have to be hairy- does this only affect you in the best presented class or do they look at this as well in the breed class?

I am not really suspecting to do that well as he also body wise looks like a paddock pony (no muscle, pointy butt) but I always like to have my horse looking as best I can.

Maybe if someone is handy with clippers around the Baldivis area I could swap 15mins work for a hand during the day or any other task needed?? Just a thought:)

2. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

3. supersezabell

supersezabell Well-known Member

Dont worry my boys first one too and despite my strong efforts in defluffing him with currying etc he will still be somewhat hairy lol. I do have some chargable clippers which the battery is a bit dodgy on to attempt to defeather etc my own boy with so I can charge them again the night before and bring them down if you wanted to use them?

4. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

program sent

5. miss_skoobz

miss_skoobz Well-known Member

I will be at this one with the fat hairy monster :)

Entering Part Welsh.. Not sure about the Riding pony yet, we will see ;)

6. supersezabell

Do it!!! Then we can be in same classes... just different gender pony lol. I'll be in RP, Bucky, Part Welsh and AORP.... other classes clash -_-.

7. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Put her in a yard then ;)

8. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Looking forward to this one!! I will be there with a chestnut TB with a big blaze, come up and say hi :)

Mirrawee, are you taking Diva? Would love to meet her, have always admired her from the pictures.

9. Random_Winger

Random_Winger Well-known Member

Change of plans, not going. Darn.
    I haven't been to a show in yonks!
    Good luck to everyone :D

10. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Sorry if this has already been said but i havent read any of the other posts. but are there entries on the day? Can someone send me the programe? tesh-93@hotmail.com :)

11. stormie

program sent

12. miss_skoobz

miss_skoobz Well-known Member

HAHA! I probably will hey! Will definitely try to catch up with you anyway, been a while! I'll get some photos of your boy too, since we'll be in the same ring :p :) See ya there!

13. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Hi Stormie

Could I have a program please - marissa.marriott@hotmail.com

Just going for a looksie and watch a friend compete, be a sideline cheerleader for Lakota lol. ;)

14. supersezabell

Yay lol!! Awesomeness... just make sure you get good ones (Im fearing I may get slightly trampled being his first time out haha!) And Ill take some piccies of you too :). Will have my OH (slave;) ) there aswell so can defo get pics.

15. stormie

program sent

16. moodymare

moodymare Well-known Member

i was really looking forward to this one but only just got the new car and only managed to get 500km's on the clock so cant tow yet#( so will come down minus horse and be the cheer squad

17. rbk

rbk Active Member

show hunter ?

hey there
    am taking a couple to this, will be doing their breed, then thought i might put them into the show hunter in hand classes too.

Do i need to change bridles, and take off the pretty browbands? I know the standard for ridden says they should, but not so sure how closely its followed in hand?

18. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Yep, definitely have to rbk :( Lol :p

19. rbk

rbk Active Member

Doh!! ha ha.

20. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

you should**) Can you show in the other class with plain BB...thats what I will be doing:)*