Dangerous P plate drivers

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by caitie, Jul 5, 2007.

1. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

lol na i getting my wisdom teeth out on friday so probably be sick for a week or so :(

2. alex

alex Well-known Member

oucccchhhhh poor you!

3. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

eeeks i know so scared

4. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

Hmmm, my bf is a good boy and slows down to see me riding on byron and i usually stop and he stops beside me and we have a little chat and then he heads off. But my boy is a very good boy and doesnt care about cars, only man holes, drains and bloody random white lines of the road. He will randomly shy at them and walk right around them and keep looking until he cant see them no more. Weard little boy he is. Nah, ive had people not slow down but then i have some who littrally go all the way over the other side of the road when im on the foot path... Kinder cute but im not concidrably worried. Ive had some guys i know try throwing rocks at poor byron and im like, dude he dusnt give a damn about rocks. But now that i think back i would have turned back and chased after them.. hehe oh... good times, good times. But i injoy going out with byron down the streets and all the little kids and there mothers and faters going, look horsie! Cause im the only person in south yunderup who rides there horse threw the streets. I was telling my mother also that byron should become the mascot for south yunderup! OH, god i love to dream! ^_^.... Anyhow thats abit of my story that kind of when off track.... oh wells, it seemed to already happen.... Well toodles

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2007
  5. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

lol sva666,
    your lucky your horse doesn't care, you should chase after them!

6. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

Haha well i want to take him out sometime and well if anyone trys to do sumthing mean im chasing after them! HEHE *evil eyes and laugh* MWHAHAHA oh i wish byron was a "devil" horse and blew flames.... haha that would be halerious!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  7. ljp

ljp Well-known Member

Caitie's right there are some *hole drivers out there!! Lots actually!

But yeah being a P- plater doesnt make then an *hole. My other half once said "young A*holes grow into old A*holes" and I believe thats true. This person will probably continue to drive like this and not learn to change their ways until they've been in/caused an accident.

8. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

yer very true but i wish that wasnt the case

9. balletprincess

balletprincess Well-known Member

I always go slowly along the back roads near where Caitie and Leti agist (because I'm at the other end of the road), and I'm sick of hoons going along there too, and along Southern River Road. I crawl along the back streets doing about 40km/h, and drive well away from the horses, just incase one was to spook.

10. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

hmmm yes.... well i dont have my licence so i cant tell you what i do but.. ill be a good person and do the best cuz i love horsies! Sorry if i dont make sence, im sleepy.

11. Jess&Sabby

Jess&Sabby Well-known Member

hey i dont wanna sound like a party pooper but were u riding on a verge or on the actual rode yes they defintly should have slowed down and not sped passed you but if your on the actual road and not the verge its your own fault for taking your horse onto the road were cars will speed passed ect. it looks like that area is prone to silly drivers and you said your horse isnt good on roads as he is young so maybe you should start him on quite streets were cars dont go down as often. im not saying that they did the right and you did the wrong as every driver should be tuaght how horses can react to cars but i wont take a horse out onto the road when they are young or scared of cars because if there is that one idiot on the road and all it takes is one good buck or one good rear to get you off and they can take off down the road and cause alot more damage. i hope they do learn there lesson but by the sounds of it they never will, boys will be boys and they get a kick out of seeing things freak out and be stupid without thinkin about the consequences.

ive had an incident like this were i was wlaking a horse down a quiet road(leading) the only people who ever go down that road are people who live there but not this time. i had no other choice but to walk this horse as she was absolutly petrified of floats and i didnt have one big enough for her ( she was 17.2hh) well anyway on the way up to this paddock i was riding sabby and these 2 guys (suprise suprise) came speeding down the road i signalled them to slow down but they didnt so i got off and stood in the middle of the road. they stopped very quickly and had something to say about it but i told them to get f88ked and that they should have slowed down when i asked. but they were boys and didnt listen so they sat there and reved their engine i got on trusty sabby who wouldnt jump if a bomb landed in the field and slowly backed him up to the drivers window he was pretty annoyed cause i kept saying go on sab kick him kick him they sped off and then when i was leading this flighty horse down the road they went even faster past and she chucked a fit but settled down when i put sabby nxt to her. some people just dont get it and when they do something stupid near me and dont fly off i will be a bitch to them because there are horses like yours out there who can get nervous even when on the verge but hey theyll never learn :( rant over sorry it was so long :)

12. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

Yer i know what you mean if i was in the middle of the road but i wasnt i was right on the side (so far over i was under a tree) and he kept coming closer.
    The road i was on is VERY quiet and i was so far up the road that there is only one property so no one needs to go down there. Thats why i chose this road because it is really quiet and in most places has somewhere you can walk on the side. Because he isnt good out i had my dad with me so if worse comes to worse he could lead him and my horse feels safer just having somebody next to him!

13. pso

pso Gold Member

Just out of interest- which side of the road do you ride on?

Have noticed alot of people teaching others to ride on the WRONG side (ie the right hand side- towards the traffic)

14. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

lol i will admit i was heading towards the car, only because there was no room on the other side and also because this is a extremly quiet road and anyone that passes usually lives in the area and is used to people riding their horses.

15. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

I was riding yesterday and there was this motorbike (not dirt bike) going up and down, up and down the street and i could see the guy looking at me. He did it like 4-5 times then buggered off. I just wonder what he was doing...:confused:

16. pso

pso Gold Member

Start with the theory that everyone is good, until proven evil!- then lower your expectations...

He was:
    a) testing his bike out, but carefully watching you to make sure he didnt scare your horse (well I guess he has a right to be on the road too!)
    b) perving
    c) perving AND showing off
    d) perving,showing off AND trying to scare your horse.

I have such faith in people...(!)

17. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

D sounds about right.

18. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

haha yer probably D

19. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

HAHA pervert!:D :D

20. xXaussiechickyXx

xXaussiechickyXx Well-known Member

idiots..

omg what bloody idiots seriously. I personally have never had that happen to me. Im on my L's whenever i see people on horses on the side of the road i dont care whos behind me i slow right down sometimes almost stopping lol. Majority of people who slow down know horses. Hope your horse is ok