Dangerous P plate drivers

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by caitie, Jul 5, 2007.

1. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

well today i worked my horse and decided because he was so calm i would take him for a walk down the road.
    He is only young and is not all that good on the road and out in the bush and thats why i sometimes take him for a quick walk after working to get used to being out.
    He has slowly started to get used to cars until i was walking and i hear i engine reving around the corner. I saw a car coming so i thought they would see me and slow down around the corner!
    well no they saw me, but didnt slow down, the sped up!!!
    my horse heard the engine and became jumpy but i am used to it and just held him back but as the car went past they went faster and faster and were only half a meter away from my horse.
    He started to shy and backing up into the car as it came past gettings even closer! my dad (who was with me on the ground because i don't like to ride out on my own because of tommee's inexperience) had to grab him and pull him away and after the car went past tommee started to freak out and to make it worse the car continued to speed and reved their engine!

I already have trouble with my horse and this made it worse!
    sorry but i am just sooo angry :mad:

2. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

nope i didnt even think of that!

3. j_hayman_

j_hayman_ New Member

thats horrible
    the bloody idiots
    they just ont understand the danger behind it do they
    all they want is a laugh
    good thing yu had ur dad there tho...smart thinking

4. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

i know if my dad wasnt there he probably would have backed straight into the speeding car! i never going out riding on my own!

5. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

You didn't go down the road did you??

Anyway remember what Dominica said that he usually backs up because you pull him back without relising!! I heard the w**ker too but dont really pay attention because Elmo dont care...:)*

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  6. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

yer the back road.
    i only did that the first few times, he hasnt done it in sooo long.
    lol didnt u hear me getting heaps angrey and my dad going dont worry about it, to make it worse a moterbike when flying past after but he was pretty good suprisingly!

7. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Im assuming you agist where Leti does.

Did you ride to Southern river rd....because yes, there are alot of hoons on there.

I know what they are like when they drive past the horses just in the paddock, can imagine when you are riding.

edit - oops posted same time lol.

8. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

hehe yer i do!
    I was heading towards southernriver road along the back street, i have noticed a lot of people!
    yer it just makes me so upset:mad:

9. Leti loves Elmo

Its Bradley st caitie...

Tommy has been making you so mad lately and you taken it out on me and thats why i have been snapping at you...LOL:D :D

10. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

its not tommee hes been fine...

11. Leti loves Elmo

No like how he's been really lazy a few days in a row and you say hes beening a little sh*t and your dad was like just keep working him...thats what i mean..:)

12. **CaSeY**

**CaSeY** Active Member

You girls have to be very careful around that area. When I was agisting there I had a few close calls when riding my old horse out.

But one that I will never forget is when my BF's cousin was riding down Matison St towards LP down the other end, and she got to the intersection halfway down the road, a car came along, saw her on her (extremely flighty) horse, the car stopped and started doing a burnout!!!

To make matters worse, the girl who owns the horse had her young cousin on aswell (double dinking) and gave the young cousin her helmet, so needless to say they both came off and both ended up in the emergency room, she had 35 stitches across the top of her head and had to have her head shaved.

I don't agree with what they were doing and they shouldn't have ever rode out like that, but just thought I would let you know, there are a lot of people in that area who get kicks out of scaring horses and seeing people fall off.

Especially the motorbikes next door (if they are still there)

13. Haulix

Haulix Well-known Member

hey dont mean to sound rude but not every p plater is a hoon! it only takes a few idiots to ruin it for everyone!!!!

14. country chick89

country chick89 Active Member

hey there i agree with haulix as i am a p plate driver myself and always slow down when ever there is horse on the road

15. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Well-known Member

I agree, lots of P-plate drivers, and some learners too are VERY GOOD drivers, there are just those stupid idiots that make the P-plate name hard for the good ones. Unfortunately, the one thing that i think needs to be done more when teaching a learner is to make them aware of the other people on the roads and the side of the roads, not just BIKES but HORSES too. But its the idiots that end up hurting, or killing someone.
    my parents-in-law were in an accident, caused by a P-Plater (sorry for all those GOOD p-platers out there) who because he was too interested in arguing with his girlfriend about something stupid, turned and did a u turn - straight infront of my in-laws car which was doing 90 in a 90 zone. 7 months on and they are still in pain and still healing. They were very lucky.
    But its like anything, it will take a serious and tragic accident for the road authorities to do anything about it. Sadly its the horse owners that get the blame most of the time and the vet bills, not the people that deserve it.

16. supersezabell

supersezabell Well-known Member

hey Casey i remember that, i was one of the people who went to check on them! I was agisting/working at LP at the time.!

It serves her right though...mean to say but she NEVER wore a helmet to ride (saw her and a friend riding ALL the time without one )and i dunno why they started double dinking as they took 2 horses out to ride.

17. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

o no i know that some are very good!
    its just there are a few around that area!

18. caitie

caitie Well-known Member

**CaSeY**,
    yer the motorbikes are still there!
    thats so horrable i could never ride without a helmet i feel so naked!

19. Leti loves Elmo

HAHA me and caitie use to double dink to the sand dunes when she didn't have her horse but we both had helmets on and Elmo is a very safe horse..im sure he wasn't too pleased to have to carry the extra weight LOL

20. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lets bag the P platers hey? :mad:

Dont forget about the adult drivers that have been behind the wheel for many years & are absolute jerks when driving, no, just pick on the P Platers! #(