cracked/greasy heel

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by horsescomefirst, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Going round in circles

Going round in circles Active Member

EVP Im not trying to cause trouble but I do believe it is the same trainer for he the only one in victoria that trains like that and has 2 daughters that train.

I do know this as fact for I have shared one of his owners when I was over there.

We have even shared the horses. Will not use names for don't what anyone losing business. He still get winners and trains some very nice horses.

For example owner brought one from NZ we started it for other guy had no room. Won 3 race from 3 starts went to other trainer. Didn't win or place in number of starts. Come back 6 months later ASPCA case. Took months to fix we started racing again won 5 and place 6 times in 15 starts.

2. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Actually I know of 2 other male trainers who have daughters or daughters-in-law who train harness......I can't comment on them because I don't know how or what they do at their facility......but again I get that it was an easy mistake to make.
    I know my trainer wouldn't lose any business......there's a waiting list a mile long to get a horse in there....and I KNOW that for a fact cause we have 3 young ones waiting!

As for "causing trouble"....as a "friend" of HCF, perhaps you could explain to her the Rules of Racing (RWWA & HRA) where in rule 188 it explains about prohibited substances......

Regumate or Altrenogest in other forms has been, and continues to be, ILLEGAL in harness racing - in every state of Australia.

As posted, she maintained that she raced her mare on Regumate...

I'm not surprised that someone who doesn't know the rules of racing also doesn't know the existence of reputable and ethical trainers available - those ethical and reputable trainers don't need to race horses on illegal substances, and they make it their business to know the rules.

Is HCF is a friend of yours? If so, perhaps you might like to brush up on the rules of harness racing!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  3. Going round in circles

EVP I agree will you that regumate is illegal to use in racing the only place for it in the industry is the breeding barn

4. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

im thinking the trainer might be peter manning??:confused:
    geez, you keep brining up the regumate issue-are you obsessed?? obviousley. about time you went and found someone to bother.

5. horsescomefirst

so why are there so many "reputable" trainers out there getting time?? must be using something

6. EVP

EVP Gold Member

I guess all good owners hate the thought that the competition use illegal substances in racing.

And lets face it HCF if you used Regumate and raced your mare - you wern't playing by the rules...........

I don't know ANY "reputable trainers" who have 'gotten time out' for using illegal substances.....if they use them they aren't "reputable" trainers are they?

I guess in the racing game there are those that are "reputable", there are those that "aren't", and then there are those that "aren't & lucky"!

7. horsescomefirst

yes they are reputable trainers getting done-i guess noel keily and andrew de-campo (just from wa alone) are not reputable then?? im not sure what you consider reputable then...

have you not found yet where it states that regumate is not a performance enhanding drug and therefore leggal prior to feb 2010? thats when it was legal, but i guess next time ill ignore my reputable vet and the racing vets and listen to you.

8. madison

madison Well-known Member

Wasn't this thread about Cracked/Greasy Heel?:confused:

9. Going round in circles

There are top reputable trainers in all states unforutately they ALL use illegal substances to help their horses thats why the little people find it hard unless they have a good horse

10. horsescomefirst

yes it was, if you read any of my threads in all the different catergories, you will see no matter what the topic, she brings up the "regumate" issue. obsessed

Anyway, my mare is on the improve regarding greasy heel, the copper sulphate solution with ACV (not SULPHUR) like some1 on here suggested, really worked in clearing the fungus, now the hair is growing back and im using an ointment now to prevent heels cracking again and keeping the remainder cuts covered :)

11. Going round in circles

the recipe I gave you does work and dose not sting or cause any discomfort for I have gotten on my cuts before. I gave it to you for your horses benefit. I know now not to help you again.

12. EVP

EVP Gold Member

I spoke to the Chief Steward and WA racing vet this morning.
    Just to clarify.....lolol

Regumate under rule 188 is a prohibited substance and has ALWAYS been illegal. The press release in February was to REMIND people of that FACT.

Refer to your rules of racing.......

If you PM me I will give you the telephone numbers to call and the names of the people you need to speak with, including the Steward and the chief Veterinary Officer.

Otherwise..........stop trying to justify your actions. You either can't read or can read and don't care. Either way you broke the law if you raced a mare on a reproductive hormone.

And here it is from another racing patron....who can obviously read the Rules of Racing and obeys them to the benefit of the industry.

You bet I'm "obsessed".............what person likes a drug cheat in the sport they compete in??

13. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

I've been following this thread, and I have to say I completely agree with EVP.

14. horsescomefirst

i know it works-thats what i said. did you not read it properly?? i said it worked and has cleared up all the fungus and now im using an ointment to keep a barrier between between heels and dirt etc.

EVP had a go at me before saying that i was using sulhur, which i wasnt.

I was actually thanking you for giving me the recipe GRIC:))

15. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Thank you SNT........other racing enthusiasts agree too. If everyone made it their business to KNOW the rules, perhaps more people would be OBEYING them!! But in the sport of racing - "ignorance is not an excuse".

16. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Exactly, and the comment about " There are so many rules, you can't keep track of them all" WTF! That's NO excuse to not abide by them at all, and you should make it your job to KNOW them. Otherwise your nothing but a cheat! Oh maybe our athletes in Delhi should just cheat and say " oh we couldn't keep track of them all the rules " after all Race Horses are athletes!

17. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Oh pleeeease.

Here is your post:-

Your next reply:-

Then this:-

The Rules of Racing.......*bangs head*

RULE 188A

(3) The following are not prohibited substances:
    Antiparasitics (worm drenches)
    Antimicrobials (antibiotics and other anti infective agents) except Procaine Penicillin *not all topical agents are Penicillin*

Vaccines and antisera for the prevention of disease
    Mucolytics.

18. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Ahhh so its P.Manning right?. So i thought but wasnt going to say anything. now someone has already said it yes he is very rough. And everything around in circles has said would pretty much be true. For christs sake they did a documentry on him and he wasnt shameful at all.

Why keep bringing up the regumante? I have spoken to several people today that didnt know it was prohibited..guess they dont sit on the computer all day reading rules.. HCF is well aware its prohibited now and im sure she knows she was wrong but you dont have to keep bringing it up. Its really all you have left isnt it. You are wrong about everything else.

And who came up with the theory only non professional trainers use prohibited substances? Im not to sure there are many people that dont do something illegal. EVP you seem very sure of how your trainers stable is being run even when you are over state..............

19. madison

madison Well-known Member

I'm glad it is healing up for you and I agree with you on the other:))

20. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Gee one would hope that EVERY person who trains harness horses would know the rules of racing..........I mean I don't expect my trainers to know how to make a fruit cake - but i sure expect them to know the rules of their job.....ahahahahahahah

I think any trainer or person who uses drugs in sport is VERY unprofessional.
    I don't think there is any doubt about those apples!
    In racing when it comes to "the rules" IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
    Even strappers, handlers or the people who sit and mind the horses can be charged with an offense.

Yes I have seen the day to day workings of many stables where my horses train from.....if horses win competitions they win because the trainer does the right thing by the animal. I'm not stupid enough to think that a horse can do well any other way.....fit, healthy and happy translates to horses who have the ability to race or show well. How well depends on the day, the draw and luck.

Actually HCF has NOT admitted she "got it wrong" she has continually maintained it was legal when she used it, and that it is now legal since Feb 2010. I have just repeated the FACTS - it wasn't and it isn't.

I completely get that she or anyone else doens't like reading it....