$$$$ Cost Of Royal Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by OBHH, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Cool :) We dont care if we place or not just want the experience, we've always dreamed of going to the royal but never had the opportunity :D

2. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Looks like their will be a few geldings, I know of some others. Shame they don't have their own class this year#(

3. Petite Pastures

Petite Pastures Well-known Member

You think we can take the mini's to the motel to Delrae :)

4. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Ok..yes the rooms arnt anything flash..But the last few yrs i have stayed there i havent found them THAT bad...

I take my own bed linen as well(fly spray if need to berid the spiders..lol)..There are hot showers there..They still do the same thing..No different than camping out....

I think the whole thing about staying on the grounds is the FUN you can have...**)

You make the night as good as you want it or as bad as you want it..:)

5. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

you could always stay at a nice hotel in the city?

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I havent sent my entries of yet, doing today but decided only to show 1 at the Royal.
    Only because of the cost, got a big bill in the mail (thanks to stupid house extension being more than originally planned) & i only just opened it.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

OUCH!

7. deschuur

deschuur Gold Member

I am not showing at the Royal this year, hehehehe I have a good excuse:p

After last year if I do decide to show at the Royal I am going to ask friends if they would mind an overnight adgister. I did not stay the night at the grounds - mmmm I am phobic about germs and things:eek: Sounds of it I would be better off sharing the stable with the horse but then, and here is my gripe, the stables are a tad tooo small for big horses. I spent the night worrying that Frits would try to lie down and cast himself in the stable. The stable I had was tooo small for the bigger size horses.

8. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Yes, well my entries have cost me less than $50.00, but I anf the OH are taking a weeks leave, we have the fuel up and back, and by September fuel prices will be $2.50 lt at this rate, food and drink and an extra show entry on the day for my handler.

We wont get out of it cheep at all, and why we do it, cause we can! coz we love it, coz we are *#)

9. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

noooooo desch I was hoping to meet you at the Royal, thats sucks #(

10. deschuur

deschuur Gold Member

awww sorry Sharaway. We will be moving properties at the time of the Perth Royal (well that is when settlement will go through) and I decided that I just cannot add another stress to my life (and showing is very stressful*#) ) as moving 11 horses, two dogs, two cats etc is going to take up all my energy! Not to mention new fencing etc:p

11. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Good god then Des, fair call, god we should come give you a hand to move then lol.

We debated long and hard to about going, we where going to take the Termite as well, but with one being Sunday, then the other being Wednesday, and the 2 horses not being safe together, Channy tries to KILL Tayla every chance she gets, we dropped the idea of showing the Termite.

She's been shown, so we thought we'd give the Friesian scene a go this year.

I think we are working our way through the breeds and colours lol.

We have now shown , Andalusian, Clydesdale, Holstiener, QH, Appy, TBred, Pinto, Buckskin and now Friesian Warmblood. We still havent made it to minnies yet lol.