$$$$ Cost Of Royal Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by OBHH, Jun 18, 2008.

1. polly11

polly11 Active Member

I'm with you Arylin. We're just taking the 3 girls this year, our stallion is staying home (ridiculous programme)#( . I don't like sharing my bed with creepy crawlies and goodness knows what else, (yuk!!) so will have a 3.30am start to get to the showgrounds by 6.00am. *#) will definately be looking for a caffiene hit when we arrive.:}

2. CCDC

CCDC Well-known Member

Lol Neryl I think Rhys and I are happy with two this year *#) (if you want me again!)

3. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Hmm, sent my entries in and $242 :( for 3 ponies, $100 of that is the manky bunk rooms, what we all should of done was shared a motel room, better service and cheaper

4. Pink Sapphire

Pink Sapphire Well-known Member

Glad I decided not to get a bunk room they sound horrible :(
    So a very early start in the morning but my entries were $54 for 2 minis. Pretty good considering everyone elses though!!

5. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I also have cut down our breed entries and only entered two as we have three entered in the HIA as well and that adds up to enough days there. I don't think the cost of the royal are over the top compared to other show's we do, it's just that we normally enter bigger numbers so the costs add up very quickly. Our entries are over $600 this year.

BEB: It takes us just over an hour to drive there and we did it pretty much everyday last year, it wasn't too bad to drive there in the morning its more the afternoon that is a pain with all the traffic. With us driving there most days I think the cost of fuel will add up to more than the original entry fees.

For those that want to stay down that way I know quite a few people book into the motels along Gt Eastern Hwy instead of the bunk rooms.

Another cost to consider is parking. I normally book with the CPCYC but this year to save $$$$ i'm taking the float off and leaving it in Private road and parking in the members parking, then it won't cost us anything. As in the past parking has normally cost us $150 for the days we were there.

6. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

Not only are the bunk rooms horrible but I always get shoved right down the back behind the cattle, and next to side show alley... so not only do I have to get a tetnus jab before I go I get to listen to people screaming and cows mooing all night.... makes for one VERY grumpy competitor in the morning... I seriously thought about not staying the night and getting up early for a 3hr drive in the morning!!!

7. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Glad im not the only one who thinks#( of the bunk rooms. They surely need to start to look at upgrading them soon, as well as the HB stables.

8. Sherri69

Sherri69 Well-known Member

I thought about giving up a room in my home and a paddock for a country person having to travel to Royal, but then I was worried about the horse and a dishonest person in my house. I know not everyone is dishonest but you know what I mean. I feel sorry for the country people that have such a huge trip and know where to go. I still may do it haven't decided.:confused:
    There are 3 of us here doing the Royal so it will be exhausting work I'm sure.:p

9. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Can I come have breakky with your Scorpio...we can waddle around together hahahahaha :)*

Ill be there but not plaiting for anyone except my own this year.

10. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

So agree, bunk rooms are disgusting, you never know what you will catch.
    Yep Dusty, it's a long way to walk from behind the cattle. ;)
    Don't forget the cost of cold drinks and food, it all adds up.

11. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Well i have just done my entries. HIB 3 only in the Welsh day cost just under $100

HIA 2 large ponies, 1 small , 1 galloway, 2 riders , 1 turnout. $250ish

plus membership which i have already paid. I live a good 40-1hour drive and comute daily. Add those 5 days with petrol - and i have cut back dramatically this year on all shows and outings.

Im with you cav, im not in the RP day this year we will book a date at the breakfast bar, then wander out and watch the classes.

Good luck to all

12. georgia_46

georgia_46 New Member

i live across the rd from the showgrounds too :) (save the stable money and put your horse in my backyard) *#)

13. Petite Pastures

Petite Pastures Well-known Member

Im with Delrae, we should all get a lovely motel apartment with clean bedding and a hot shower!!!!

14. paintedhoney

paintedhoney Well-known Member

this will be my first royal (yes i know what an idiot)

it has been a life long dream to ride in the royal and enteries were expressed today.

after decoding the hyroglifics (sp) there were written in i managed to get out with $75 spent for 1 horse in the buckskin classes, lucky for me i have a great bunch of friends who are giving my pony and me a bed, a float ride and a locker to share, as well as a few drinks. We are not camping in the manky bunk rooms we will drive from Henley Brook in the morning, with me vomitting nervously out the window the whole way there...... sorry for the mental picture everyone...

so if you are there on Wed look out for me in the buckskin classes ( i will be the one being dragged across the main arena by the red dun mare)

15. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

okkkkaaayy i think im opting for the early morming drive now, you guys have scared me off the bunk rooms a bit hahahaha **)

16. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

@) Is Bickie going to meet Goodie at last?? Did his rego go through:)

17. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

PP, we should cancel our bunk rooms and book a motel for however many of us there is **)

18. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

PMSL... you should try showing at the W.A state champs for Arabs !!! If you complain about the stables to EFA you'll get a "Political" answer from EFA...eg "have you shown over East" ???

Cheers

Lee

19. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Yup it sure did so hes gunna be in the pally classses-even if he is white!! lol :) So yay they can be friends at last! :D

20. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

He should have coat back by then, you have heaps of time:)*