$$$$ Cost Of Royal Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by OBHH, Jun 18, 2008.

1. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Well my grip is not about entry fee or stable fee or locker fee etc as i dont mind paying that as i think it is pretty resonable, but what i cant believe is the cost of the bunk rooms!!:( Pffffft. I originally read the programe wrong and thought it was just $25 per night, thats ok i had planned for 3 of us to stay. I then got an email from Tara saying it was $25 per person!!!!!!!!!pppfffft. Making it $75 for all of us to stay the night in a bloody little cold room . for that price i would be expecting clean linen, my own shower, carpet on the floors and a nice warm bigger room. Thats a bit rich if you ask me, so now its cheaper for me to drive home and sleep in my own warm bed.
    :mad: :mad: Now that is revenue raising if you ask me.............

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Telling me!
    The rooms are cold, mattresses are usually smelly, stained, yukky, year before last we found rotton food under the bed......

But im camping 2 nights, i think for those that live outside the 80km area, should get a discount of sorts.

Wishful thinking? ;)

3. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

The room we had last yr wasnt to bad...But we had the stewards room..Dont think we will get that this yr..

4. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

That probably is a discout Ky as those that live inside the 80k zone are not even alowed to book a bunk room or stay on the grounds.
    :(

5. samm

samm Gold Member

*Pokes head in* eeeeeeeeek the Royal.....told you that place was evil......*runs out**#) :p

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lol remember the big noisey sweeper?? :D

Arylin, i can imagine so, lol.

Samm, i agree! :p

7. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

that dam Sweeper..What time did that come in??Something like 4:30am??#(

Least it got us out of bed and walk the ponies...lol*#)

8. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Gee for $25 a night I am going to start a little buisness and rent our spare rooms out, we are only 5 mins from show grounds hehehe, mum will never notice ;)

9. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

We have arranged to stay at a friends place in Armadale and brave the drive in with the float in the morning, we have booked a stable for the horse for the day.

But having camped there one year in the bunks, no thanks, if I had my own truck with accomodation I would do it again, but there are all these roudy Minnie people that wont shut up and are still at it at 2 am pmsl *#)

10. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Thats exactly what i thought about the rooms! 25 bucks a person :( tara can we bunk at yours lol :)*

11. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Hehe I will ask mum :p :p or just smuggle you in ;)

12. Golden Biscuit

hehe yeh we will creep in at midnight so no one will know :p**)

13. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Ha i have filled in my forms, im considering just not entereing the breed. I will be 6.5 months pregnant and i just dont think i can be bothered going in for breed i have enough with the HIA entries.

I might be a city owner for those days, waking up at 8am strolling in with my membership card having a relaxing breakfast at the YWCA hall and then strolling down in the sunshine (hopefully) and watchin the breed from the sidelines. That sounds really really nice to me....

14. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Sleeping in sounds better!

I love living so close, i knew living so far away from the horsey areas would come in handy for something

15. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Ooooh do you want a boarder. I promise I'll be really quiet, your mum won't even notice me. :D

16. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Better put my prices up cause of high demand hahaha

17. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

probly coz everyone will spend lesson showbags etc all the other attractions this yr, coz money is so tight they have to make the money elsewhere

sucks

youd wanna hope they give u extra nice ribbons**)

18. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

It was $25 per person when I stayed at the royal a few years ago, so it hasnt gone up, but its still pretty rich. Thats where most of my entry fee's went, Mum & I camped in the grotty bunk room, so $100 on camping fee's along - my entries that year were over $200 for 3 classes #( - I only won $50 bucks back!

Not showing this year, so definitely not doing the royal, but not sure if I ever will again after last year #(

19. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Bunk rooms were $25 a person years ago when I was outside the exclusion zone so they have not gone up but neither have the rooms improved :)

Breed entry fees are cheap for me this year as all my colts/stallions are staying home due to the combining of the entire male class with geldings.
    I am also not so sure I will take the gedling either as he belongs to Jye who would normally show him but not if there is colts in the class :(
    So instead of entering my normal 7 to 10 ponies I will be lucky to enter 2 this year.

THUMBS DOWN to the Perth Royal from me.

20. Golden Biscuit

Okay these bunk rooms sound gross! Lol, so can we camp but not in the bunk rooms- like pitch a tent somewhere?? Dont fancy the hr and half drive in the morn :(