Coondle Toodyay - Float Yards

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Lucyloo, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Lucyloo

Lucyloo New Member

Does anyone have yards from these people? Was just wondering what they look like? Anyone got any photos? Have an imperial and dont want to block my door so having trouble finding decent yards. The imperial ones are a little too heavy for me, plus a bit small.

2. sherreem

sherreem Well-known Member

Andrew from A & L Fabrications in Darling Downs has been doing a lot of yards for the imperials. i would go see him and have a look

3. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

I used to make yards for the Imperials and you will find that the length of the yard is governed by the space you have on the side of the float. Due to the personal doors and the latches for the tail gate it dosent leave much room to hang a yard. Beware that if you go too light you loose alot of strength.

4. Shenalar

Shenalar Well-known Member

I do.

The yards are great, and the design is fantastic.

I'm not happy with mine though for a couple of reasons.

1. they are rusting........
    2. Whist a great design, I don't think they suit our warmblood. They might be ok for a pony, but our boy moves them around, and because of the 'fold into itself' design, they have a number of very weak points which he bends. Perhaps a stronger guage steel might work, but I'm no expert.......

We camp at a lot of events (hence needing yards), and we have to get up frequently during the night to stand the yards back up and or straighten them............. We've stopped going to events we need to camp at as I am concerned he might push them over and tangle himself in them........
    But as I said......... for a pony they might be ok.........

5. Hit n Hurry

Hit n Hurry New Member

Can you help with andrew's phone number, please? I sold my a&l yards with the last float and want new ones now. Can't find his number anymore. Cheers.