Converting the angle float to straight load

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by lex, Aug 14, 2014.

1. lex

lex Well-known Member

This may have been done before, I haven't been on the site for awhile so sorry if it's been done to death. Just bought my first BIG float :) excited is an understatement!
    It definitely needs a freshen up as it's been left to weather a bit & doesn't look like it's had much done to it since it was built in '09. I'd like to get an idea from people that have reno'd a float from angle to straight. I have no need for an angle as I only have two horses (& I prefer straight) but I bought it because it is huge and I have a big WB, and the others in my price range would not have fit my gigantic horse, plus it helps having a handy partner to modify the float :)

All the basics are being done first before I put my horse in there, what I'm interested to hear from others is if they have done this before, any tips, hints or photos would be great! Floor is coming up and being replaced first but I'm planning on taking the measurements for chest/bum bar height, neck & head length etc from a conventional float (and my horse) and going from there :)
    It already has seperate area for the tack box so bay length is a good 2m.