colour query

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Emma16, May 10, 2008.

1. Petite Pastures

Petite Pastures Well-known Member

Ok colour people .... what colour is this mare??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

looks Flaxen Chestnut to me PP :)

3. pso

pso Gold Member

Well, I'm not a colour person...:p
    I'd also say flaxen chestnut, or if you were being imaginative and wanted to do colour classes, you could call it a taffy? (esp with a heap of livamol!);)

4. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Ok haven't read it all, but IMO first mare, with foal is a red roan ( chestnut roan) & foal is chestnut & the one above is a flaxen chestnut. :) ....all very cute :)

5. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lol, go read it all..... :D **)

6. KC Quarter Horses

HaHa ....that was me being lazy & the phone ringing ......so was I totally wrong LMAO .....wouldn't surprise me .....no expert here & minis have sooo many colours lol :)

7. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lol no not that... there is more mini's in there that we need an idea on what their colours are, lol. :D

When are you getting a mini KC? I'm sure your daughter would like one to keep her big ponies company. **)

8. KC Quarter Horses

I have a horrible suspicion that a mini will sometime be added to the collection LOL ...... although I am not sure what to do with one other than just love it & use it to keep others company ......maybe wander around & mow the lawn a bit LOL .....they are so incredibly cute though.
    We had one here once when we had to bring a horse home, he had never been in a float so we borrowed Larry to help him adjust to his first float trip.
    Poor Larry had not had his hooves trimmed in a very long time.....they were curling up at the front, had probably never been wormed, teeth done etc.
    So for the week or 2 he was with us he got the whole spa treatment LOL .....he was very easy to love, but i couldn't send him home without knowing everything was in order :)
    I think Larry had the best time .....even though he got feet done, teeth done, wormed etc .....he also got washed, groomed & pampered in general, fed etc......we were kind of sorry to see him go .....such a little sweety :)
    I might get in trouble though if I get a mini ....probably have to sell a few Qh's first & its really hard to let them go LOL