Coliban Tru Copy finally arrives in Darwin ***LOTS OF PICS!***

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by GoneRama, Mar 31, 2015.

1. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

At long last my gorgeous bay filly bred by Coliban Quarter Horse Stud by their magnificent stallion Tru Blu Texan and out of YLS Sculptured arrived in Darwin and I could not be happier.

Before I move onto pics a bit of background as this horse is very much a product of my involvement on this forum.

In 2012 I was chatting to Coliban QH Stud about a bay roan gelding they'd bred and how much I liked him. The conversation swung around to the fact that they could breed me a full brother/sister to that horse. I thought about it for a while and after chatting to the wonderful Go The Distance I signed a contract and the anxious wait for foaling date began. 28th of August 2013 I awoke to the news that I was now the proud owner of a gorgeous bay filly.

The months progressed then it was time for Elle to commence the next part of her journey. I had planned on visiting Coliban QH Stud before Elle was weaned but financial reasons meant this wasn't possible. I asked another Stockyard member for a recommendation for agistment close to Perth in order to get Elle ready for the long trip to my parents place in Northern Victoria. I took this recommendation and I found myself dealing with a delightful agistment centre. The trip east to my parents place didn't happen so Elle stayed on at Windmill Walk Agistment where a few Stockyard members called in and took some photos of her for me.

The start of this year the planets (and bank account!) looked like they were going to align for me and I started making plans to bring Elle up to Darwin from Coolup. The truck was booked at the start of March and it was confirmed that by the end of the month I would finally have my filly after 2.5 years wait. At 6pm on the 29th of March I met Elle for the first time.

Now the thing I find amusing about this whole thing is that I have not met in person any of the people who played a part in me buying this horse and having her safely delivered to Darwin (besides the lovely people of Skinners Horse Transport). Every decision I have made with this horse I have done so on recommendation of someone I've never met and only know through the internet, predominantly Stockyard. I guess that's horse buying in the 21st century hey?

Rightio, enough drivel................ onto the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Skinners Horse Transport absolutely adored her and had to give her a pat goodbye. They said she has impeccable manners and was an absolute delight to transport.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yes, I am just a little bit happy with my Coliban baby! It's been a long time coming!

[​IMG]
    The morning after her arrival. Still a bit tucked up but she's recovered well. It was a big trip.

[​IMG]
    Belly scratch!

2. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Hmmmmmmm what's in here.....................

[​IMG]
    Errrr excuse me Elle, your breakfast will be ready soon!

[​IMG]
    Meeting the Appy x mare I'm looking after for a mate of mine.

[​IMG]

Thank you so much Coliban for all the hard work you put into producing such a lovely little horse. I could not be happier with her (as you no doubt heard on the phone when I rang you 20 minutes after she came off the truck!). I wanted a solid horse with good temperament for my better half to learn with and I certainly have that! The stunning looks are an added bonus!

3. Mumof3

Mumof3 New Member

Congrats to u GoneRama on the safe arrival of your gorgeous girl finally home with you :) she is beautiful! Hope she brings a lot of enjoyment to u and your partner! Worth the wait :)

4. I am happy because you are happy!:)

GonRama, :D I bet you my smile was bigger than yours when I saw your number on my phone:)
    I straight away remembered how I called you 2 years ago when your filly was born. I was also smiling back then, being very happy for you.:D
    Life is not always a smooth sailing and very often doesn't work out as planned:}
    But I know for a fact that good things come to those who wait:)
    I am glad that you are not disappointed:)
    All the best for future and please keep me updated on her progress.
    Lena

5. Macchiato

Macchiato Well-known Member

She is gorgeous GR. I cant believe it has been two years!!!! It is such a lovely story.

6. Any updates, GoneRama? Surely you were busy playing with Elle?:D Piccies pretty please?

7. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

I've been busy trying to find something that she will spook at :unsure:

[youtube2]-DerhYMB6_A[/youtube2]

8. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Wait a minute, she did "spook" at a flag momentarily.
    [​IMG]

30 seconds later..........
    [​IMG]

Couldn't give a toss about a saddle been thrown over her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't bat an eyelid at horses hooning around doing games, people cheering and random people walking up to her............ this was 6 days after she arrived in the NT!
    [​IMG]

Can't beat this little horse for temperament, just magic.

9. I am tickled pink to see you happy with your in utero purchase. :)
    You've risked, you've trusted, it has paid off:)