Coliban Tru Copy aka Elle update

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by GoneRama, Sep 30, 2014.

1. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Greetings everyone

Been a while since I've been on Stockyard but just thought I'd give a bit of an update on my gorgeous Coliban filly who officially turned 1 on the 28th of August (far out, where has the time gone!).

Back in April she left Coliban Stud and went onto agistment at Coolup where she was supposed to stay for only a few months to get ready to go to mum and dads in northern Victoria. For various reasons that didn't happen and she's staying in Coolup hopefully until April next year when she'll make the big trip up to Darwin.............. fingers crossed.

Anyways enough jibber jabber............ onto the photos.

[​IMG]
    Day she arrived at Coolup.

[​IMG]
    Still as gorgeous as ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Out with her paddock buddy in 10 acres (think she's in 20 acres now with the gelding in this pic and another mare).

Sorry, not the best pics, the agistment centre managers do their best to get pics for me but fail miserably some days as she just likes to be in their hip pocket supervising whatever it is they're doing.

Can't wait to get her up to Darwin :D

2. Katsin

Katsin Active Member

Good to see your lovely girl GR. How is the far north?

3. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Far north is good Katsin :) Living in Darwin now and have a few ponies to play with, still, doesn't beat having my own horse that I can steadily develop and not have to hand back to someone else.

4. Probably it was a very good move GoneRama. Horses don't grow to their full potential in NT or top end QLD. I have heaps of customers who agist their young ones in NSW or Vic before moving them up:)

5. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Horses do grow to their full potential in the north however just have to spend a small fortune pumping a few extra goodies into them than you would do down south.

She won't have finished growing by the time she gets up here so I'll still have to spend a small fortune providing her with the necessary nutrition. All good, just what one has to do in this part of the world.

6. I am sure you would do your best when you get her GR:)

Have a look at this message, it is one of many I get from people up north.

" My only problem with young stock is we have found that due to our climate and harsh conditions here in the territory regardless or propper nutrition do not grow to their full potential after lesson learnt we have since sent our progeny to vic to grow out before bringing here. After the last bunch of two yrs my partner swore never to have any more youngster as it is a large gamble and a long waiting time but if it was the right horse we would take it into consideration again. Thank you for the pricing. I will browse your page further today and look deeper into linage. "