Clipping

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mystique, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Mystique

Mystique Active Member

Hey im clipping my mare for the first time myself and would mind a few tips as far as the finer stuff like head and legs...i have got big body clippers and my fine cordless one a got the other day.
    I know the rule of thumb is to clip against the fur but when it comes to legs and face does that still apply???
    She is a flea bitten grey aswell so does it have a time frame before a show to let colour come back or not??
    if any one is around Henley Brook area and could spare a bit of time to come down and explian a few things that would be great :D
    Thanks

2. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Yep its all against the fur, and id use smaller clippers on the face and legs :D Also stretch the leg up and forward to get those lil 'underarm' hairs :D Good luck:))

3. Mystique

Mystique Active Member

what about the fur above there correnet band is that left alone or clipped off??

4. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

all clipped vix!!! =) good luck

5. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

I did Honey for the first time by myself .. or ever, actually :p Just clipped with rule of thumb (against the fur etc..), and worked out really well!

I'd suggest to use the smaller clippers for face and legs - so much easier! Good luck!

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Hey Vix let me know when you want to clip and I'll come give you a hand. I've had many horses clipped but only clipped one myself and was hell alot easlier then what I thought it was going to be. Would be nicer doing a big horse then having to bend down to one Tawny's size! lol

7. Larrikan

Larrikan Well-known Member

Mum does sunni with dog clippers there so much better and no lines aswell:)
    But it takes duble the time