Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mystique, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Mystique

Mystique Active Member

Hey im clipping my mare for the first time myself and would mind a few tips as far as the finer stuff like head and legs...i have got big body clippers and my fine cordless one a got the other day.
    I know the rule of thumb is to clip against the fur but when it comes to legs and face does that still apply???
    She is a flea bitten grey aswell so does it have a time frame before a show to let colour come back or not??
    if any one is around Henley Brook area and could spare a bit of time to come down and explian a few things that would be great :D
  2. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Yep its all against the fur, and id use smaller clippers on the face and legs :D Also stretch the leg up and forward to get those lil 'underarm' hairs :D Good luck:))
  3. Mystique

Mystique Active Member

what about the fur above there correnet band is that left alone or clipped off??
  4. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

all clipped vix!!! =) good luck
  5. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

I did Honey for the first time by myself .. or ever, actually :p Just clipped with rule of thumb (against the fur etc..), and worked out really well!

I'd suggest to use the smaller clippers for face and legs - so much easier! Good luck!
  6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Hey Vix let me know when you want to clip and I'll come give you a hand. I've had many horses clipped but only clipped one myself and was hell alot easlier then what I thought it was going to be. Would be nicer doing a big horse then having to bend down to one Tawny's size! lol
  7. Larrikan

Larrikan Well-known Member

Mum does sunni with dog clippers there so much better and no lines aswell:)
    But it takes duble the time