Clean As A Whistle

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by Murray, May 8, 2010.

1. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

[imgleft]http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/cfojessie/cleanlogo.jpg[/imgleft]We would like to welcome Clean As A Whistle as an advertiser on Stockyard.

Clean As A Whistle is a brand new and previously unavailable service for Perth and surrounds.

They open for business on Monday 24th of May, and are taking bookings now.

Katherine Royce and Jessie Barbour have both been involved in horses for most of their lives and have owned geldings for many years. They know how important a clean sheath is for gelding health and vitality and they know how many people dislike the most unglamorous of the horse care jobs.

Kat and Jess now offer their services to the horse owners of Perth - there is now no need to put off that unpleasant job! Just get them to do it instead.

Sheath cleaning is $40 per horse including travel, and Clean As A Whistle offers discounts for multiple horses at the same property.

We also offer mare udder washes!

For a thorough and professional job, call or email them today.

Email cleanasawhistle@live.com.au
    - OR -
    Call: Katherine for NOR: 0408 115 654
    Jess for SOR: 0419 149 877

cheers...admin

2. notickets

notickets Well-known Member

YAY! Finally!!!... Im sure they will be very very busy!

3. Thanks Admin :D

4. Oooooooooooooooo :D what a fun job to do :eek:

5. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

God you would have to pay me danger money lol

6. Halligan

Halligan Well-known Member

great idea!

7. Beutey

Beutey Well-known Member

Hmmm i wonder where they got the idea from :D Good Luck with it **)

8. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

How often do you suggest getting this done?
    I had my vet out today and he said it shouldn't be done more than once every few years.

What qualifications do you have?

9. brit_chick

brit_chick New Member

Same here, I told the vet that I was going to Clean my horses ' down there bits' after he finished with his teeth cos he'd be dopey and relaxed - and he said - " you shouldn't do it - they need the 'good bacteria' down there - same as with the gut. " he did say it was a good idea to check for 'beans' ( a build up of excreted minerals that forms a small ball) every now and again - but not that often. But it was best not to 'clean' a geldings / stallions bits at all.

Hmmmm - food for thought. ';' I'm sure there is research on the pro's and cons - but just thought i'd put it out there.:}

My boys bits will now be left well alone - except for getting the vet to check for 'beans' every year or so.

10. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

Hi Kaisi and Brit_Chick.
    I would say that bean checking/removal is the main purpose of cleaning the sheath - beans can be uncomfortable for the horse at best, and a serious health risk at worse. Different horses accumulate smagma at different rates. I had a call from a lady yesterday who said her young gelding develops beans constantly, needing removal every couple of months.
    To prevent the removal of the beneficial bacterial in the area, we will only be using water-based, non-irritant substances to wash - no soap, no betadine etc. We want to remove excess gunk, dead skin etc, not the protective grease layer that coats the delicate skin.
    The other main advantage to sheath cleaning is the visual check - pink skinned horses especially can develop melanomas on the skin of the penis, so this is a good opportunity to check that everything looks good down there.
    Qualifications? I've got a Bachelor of Arts with Honours... I know that's not what you mean :) I've got a lifetime of experience with horses - and the willingness to do the job. And the ability to recommend you see a vet if the problem is out of my league!

11. Beutey

Beutey Well-known Member

Are you going to be using sedation for the boys that aren't so willing to let you play with their man bits? Or will you only be doing the ones that will behave?
    Just curious :D

Love the signature ;)

12. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

No sedation - we're not qualified for that. We'll do the best we can, but if we have no luck, we'll only charge for travel - and refer you to a vet.