Class of horse or pony in minis

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by WP Miniatures, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Ditto....I think it is great idea**)

2. rpmm

rpmm New Member

OK watch this space. I am sure MHAA will organise a Field Day and will open it to members and non members. We just need to confirm where it will be held, organise a programme as we will make it an all day event with lunch, etc. MHAA used to do this years ago and it was a great day.

3. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Thats great :)* if you guys need any help i will do what I can from here.

4. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

what about those who are not members of MHAA?

5. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Emma, rpmm said it would be open to members AND non-members :)

6. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

would help if i read it properly *#)

7. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

haha nevermind, i do it all the time! you havent dyed your hair blond recently? :p

8. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

nope.... LOL... not a blonde hair on my head LOL... think i am just tired

9. RPM

RPM Well-known Member

With the idea of organising a field day/educational day what would you like to see, talked about, demostrated etc. Need some ideas so we can have a play around with it.

10. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I know one society did a presentation demonstration, was that NMR? I cant remember now... (I didnt make it).

I think presentation standards would be a good one, what you are judged on in best presented (hats/gloves etc). Jayne, you always win best presented so I vote for you to touch on that one hehe

Given the content of this thread, explaining the forms required, all the upgrades, stallion returns etc. photo's required for rego (i got caught on that one 100 times :mad: lol)

Measuring and heights, especially height for age, and wat to do if you go over HFA at a show, and what to do if you are over and then measure under.

Umm.. I will brain storm more!

11. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Well I suppose the first thing that comes to mind being that we are in this thread, would be
    1. the definitions of a pony and horse (I know MHAA dont have ponies but we could still do it couldnt we for those that need it)
    2.I would like tips on how to teach a horse to stand and stretch
    3.Judging discussion, for would be interested judges and anyone wanting a judges prospective
    4.General care and weight control of a mini
    5.Show presentation
    6.Performance demonstrations

there are a few I have thought about, and RPM as I wont be bringing any horses I am happy to assist you with anything you need

12. RPM

RPM Well-known Member

Delrae we will not be letting people bring their horses as this will be more a general discussion. We will organise to have a horse and pony there to demostrate the difference, demostrate how to turn them out(but no clipping). Plus other stuff you guys have mentioned.

13. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

bugger i was going to voulenteer my boy... he hasnt quite got the whole stand and stretch yet..... *#)

14. WP Miniatures

WP Miniatures Active Member

The location of the day would need to be thought out as well due to the number of people coming from all different areas and the bushies. RRFLMAO

15. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

RPM that was what I was meaning, no horses means more time to help you if you need it

16. RPM

RPM Well-known Member

We would would most likely hold it at one of our houses so there is no expense for hiring any place and we can have a BBQ for lunch.

Emma16 it take longer than a day to teach them to stand up and stretch, it take alot of time and training.

17. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

i know i know... *#).... he is getting there.... i just got to get off my bum and work with him:D

18. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

:p I vote for rpmm's house hehe AND, if we make it AFTER feb, I will get to see baby :D

19. RPM

RPM Well-known Member

Hehehe good on ya Sassy:D

20. Petite Pastures

Petite Pastures Well-known Member

Just while we are kind of on the subject. Marie has asked me to put some feelers out and see how much interest there would be in a fun/preformance day at Bunbury next year. No clipping needed, just a fun day to relax and get to know each other without the stress of a show.