Cheapo stock/half-breed saddles?

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by shadowkat, Aug 11, 2011.

1. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

At some point when I break the big thug in, I wouldn't mind getting a slightly more secure saddle than my old AP. Recommendations for affordable stock or half-breeds, to fit a TB? Happy with synthetic.

2. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

An Ammo (new around $600 mark, synthetic.)

Horse Lines (leather, new, around $1000-$1500)

There are plenty of second hand saddles around, most of them are only cheapies to start with so they are even cheaper second hand. You could pick one up for a couple of hundred easy.

3. KINGSBONES

KINGSBONES Active Member

I have a syd hill synthetic half breed, but to me I don't feel that secure in it, when I feel I need my 'safe' saddle out come my trusty old RM stock saddle. It was the best $500 I ever spent. If your wanting a cheaper saddle that makes you feel safe personally I would go stock over halfbreed. Having said that I have got a good halfbreed that I love but that was over $2000 **)

4. Anna E

Anna E Guest

Have PM'ed you **)

5. Floggadog

Floggadog Guest

I haven't come out of my Northern River Drafter yet but can't say it puts me in the best position. I do use it on my TB mare but cannot use it on my husbands, high withered TB mare.
    The other saddle I like for stickability is the Wintec Stock. My SIL has the swinging fender in leather & it's a snug fit.
    I did have the Syd Hill but TBH didn't like it all that much.

6. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

Can not recommend the Eqwest Half Breed enough! Loved it, miss it.

Wintec Stock saddles are super comfy as well and have great stickability.