Chance Requires A Handler/rider

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by Mega Kool, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

2. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Christ! If you don't like it DON'T POST! It's just simple manners..
    Your going to get a perfectly fine thread locked because you can't agree to disagree.. Honestly Horsetalk.. no one is asking for you to ride him.. so why are you still in here stirring trouble? Nothing better to do?

3. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Woah back a minute there people... I think Horsetalk's comment regarding the free breaker training was meant a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Now that more information has been given I think Horsetalk has been able to realise that there is more to it that MK looking for free training of his horse. Horsetalk, I appologise if I'm putting words in your mouth.

I think it's time that everyone takes a chillpill.

4. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Bad manners and very immature Lauren.

5. Mod 1

Mod 1 Moderator

Ok....enough and please get back on track about whoever is willing to help Mega Kool's colt!

6. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Come on guys, I think everyone has made their point.

I don't think Horsetalk meant it the way some of you have taken it. I certainly don't think she was stirring trouble.

And even if she did, bad manners are not the answer.

Chill guys, or this one will end up locked as well which is hardly fair on Mega Kool as this is a thread advertising his need for a rider for his colt.

7. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

oops, sorry Mod 1... I took too long typing my post. I keep getting distracted watching NCIS!

8. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Actually, I do think that the fact Chance is a colt is a huge deal. IMO, people who handle colts and stallions need to have experience - or at least have constant supervision from someone who has a lot of experience and knowledge.

An instructor visiting once a week is not my idea of supervision.

I don't think I need to remind people of the dangers of stallions and of the accidents and near accidents that have happened in recent months.

Mega Kool has said that he is looking for someone with relevant experience - good on him for trying to do the right thing. I really hope that people are honest with their experience when they enquire and that Chance is given the opportunity to be trained safely.

9. Mega Kool

Mega Kool Well-known Member

You know, I always have an open mind to new ways of thinking.
    Beating myself up trying to find someone to ride/train/show Chance is not good. Almost 2,500 views and not so much as an enquiry.

So many people have suggested he be trained and shown by a professional.

Anyone know of such a person? Any suggestions on who to contact?

10. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

My mare is professional trained and shown by other people. The same with the rest of my horses.

Why you ask, when i am prefect fit 19yo that could do it theirselves?
    Well it is alot easier to get someone whom is dedicated to showing and training horses and love doing it. I love the preping and up keep of my horses, but i dont really enjoy doing the actual showing. I have done it since i was little and i am sick and tired of it. But i love seeing my horses going out and doing well.

Where do you find these people?
    Adverts is where i found my first trainer, and she did a fantastic job.
    Word of mouth is where i found my other trainers.

My mare is yet to be broken, and she will be off soon to be broken in and then she will be coming home for some work with me. Then heading back to the trainer for more education and then she will hopefully be under saddle in the show ring.

Hope you find what you are looking for and good luck for the future.

**) **)

Oh and i pay for all of the training and showing done by both my trainers, yer can get pricey sometimes but it is worth every cent when you are trying to campaign a horse(i try not to think abotu the cost). But at the end of the day i am 100% happy with the effort and work they put in, and even if they dont win i still loved the fact my horse looked awesome.

:}

11. LCX

LCX Guest

I remember when you were looking a handler for oakie, I made a brief enquiry about it but I lived too far away from you. I think that would have been a great opportunity. Good luck, the right person will turn up eventually :)*

12. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

If anyone is interested - please PM MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.