Chance Requires A Handler/rider

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by Mega Kool, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Lea has campaigned Oakster for Tony, even though there have been ups and down Lea has done a BLOODY BRILLIANT job..... I saw a pic which was posted of Oakey a while back and Lea has done Tony proud!!!

Lea is no professional trainer and I think she has done Oakey plenty of justice - not saying what you have said Mouse isn;t correct but Tony has been previously lucky fidning Lea ;)

2. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

would be an awesome opportuity for someone :( wish I was more experienced!!!

3. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

Thanks Nic, that put a smile on my dial after all this negativity today.:))

4. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Well I was about to say the same Lea. I think it would be a fantastic opportunity for someone I'm amazed no-one has come forward!!!

5. Mega Kool

Mega Kool Well-known Member

You're amazed SIMBIN, how do you think I feel.
    Almost 2000 views on my post and still no one.

Leah had never ridden western (let alone on a colt).
    She gone great guns. No, Leah is not a professional trainer but that doesn't matter. We are not in a hurry. Lets see what they are like together in another 10 years time. I think they will surprise a lot of people.

Now for Chance. What are you all waiting for?

This is a CHANCE that you will miss out on if you wait too long.

6. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

Hehe, I'm in Bubblez boat, would be a fantastic opportunity but I would be too scared to ruin such a lovely horse with my lack of experience. I truely hope you find someone just right for him Mega Kool and he is a spunky boy indeed.

7. Good luck finding him a rider. I still think it would be easier if he was gelded.
    I certainly hope he has a better nature than his dam.
    Lena

8. Mega Kool

I am ignoring you Lena.:D

9. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

From the look of things, Lea has worked hard and done a good job ;)

HOWEVER, I do not understand how a colt/stallion can be offered to someone inexperienced with handling and/or riding stallions. Isn't it asking for trouble?

I have stated my opinion before on stallions...I really cannot understand why people think it is ok for an amateur to handle or ride a colt/stallion without a lot of supervision from someone experienced and knowledgeable in this area.

Mega Kool, I hope you find someone with the experience required :)

10. Mega Kool

I was hoping to do just that. WHERE ARE YOU?????

11. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

WHY would someone experienced and knowledgeable ride and train your stallion for Free? That might be the answer to your question, right? :D
    He's at the breaker right now, is this for Free as well lol? Lucky you, other ppl have pay for those services. ;) :))

12. CABALLO

CABALLO New Member

I dont see the big deal in this, here is an opportunity being offered and I dont think that they will just allow anyone to handle him, when people apply of course there will always be inexperienced people out there, but everyone has to remember we were all inexperienced once to, its not like we all woke up one morning with the knowledge we have now.... I certainly know I didn't.

Someone has to start somewhere, I had never had experience with Stallions and was taken on as a stable hand on a stud and was given two stallions to handle, show and general look after, I was not left unsupervised until they were 100% confident i could do it, but until that moment I had never handled a stallion in my life and due to some one instilling their trust and confidence in me I was able to gain that experience..

And as for the money factor of things, there are people out there who are not in this industry for the money but for the love of it.. (not saying that there arnt people who are in it for the money)...

So just remember we were all inexperienced at one stage in our lives, and we are all still learning every day we are here.

I wish you all the luck in the world and know you will not make a snap disicion on who will be handling you boy, I am more than confident that you will have a screening process in place and find that special someone, and we will all be eating our words when this happens...

13. Toy

Toy Active Member

Colt or not has nothing to do with this topic. Mega kool is not going to hand over the horse to the first person that comes along. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who doesn't want the troubles of owning a horse but still would like to ride. I have ridden for a friend and shown her horse for her just for the love of it. I still ride other peoples horses without expecting to be paid for it, cause I love riding horses. Mega Kool I would be more than happy to help with your horse, but you are nowhere near me. I hope you get a post with someone that is interested in the opportunity not just wanting to critisize (spelling?).

14. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

What Mega Kool is looking for is not free training from a professional.

What he is offering is a two way deal...
    The person who rides him gets a horse to ride. It costs them nothing more than their time. Which is a great opportunity for someone who hasn't got the dollars to own or keep a horse at the moment. All costs are covered. Lessons are also covered as are show entries etc.
    In return Tony gets to keep a close eye on his horse, gets to ensure that he is kept in the condition and facilities that he wants him kept in. In return his horse gets ridden regularly and trained as well.

Yes, the person who takes on this role is helping to train Chance, with the close eye of an instructor.
    Lea has done an incredible job with Oakey. Is she a professional trainer? No. Does it matter? No. He may not have progressed as fast as he would have if he had been with a professional, but that also means that he is kept at home.

Chance is a colt... yes. Is that a huge deal? No. Everyone who handles stallions had to learn at some stage. What's better? That they buy a stallion of their own and get injured at home, stuff up a good horse and learn their lessons the hard way? Or... they get to handle and ride a colt under the supervision of people who know what they're doing. Everyone has to learn somewhere, and this seems like a pretty good way to go about it!

This colt is not being "handed over" to be handled completely by someone who has no idea what they're doing. That would be plain dangerous and irrisponsible. Instead, Mega Kool is offering someone a chance to learn how to handle a colt properly. He bred this colt. He knows this colt. He is not just handing it over willy nilly to just anyone. By keeping him on his property he gets to keep an eye on everything that happens.

Seems like a pretty smart decision to me.

15. Mega Kool

Thank you CABALLO and TOY. At least you can see past some of the comments made on this thread.

Horsetalk....I don't know if you own a horse.

The cost of keeping a horse is not cheap.

The paddock he uses could easily be rented for $135.00 per week.
    That alone already cost me $5,200.00 per year without the feeds.

Then you have.....
    Rugs, Wormers, Farrier, VETS, etc.

Then we have a rider....
    Registrations, membership fees, show fees, transport, strapper, lessons, tack, clothing for shows, etc.

I personally don't want to add up the cost to me but yes you are correct when you say, "I am looking for someone to ride & train him for free".

As far as him being started at Tales Of The Trails Western Ranch, I pay just like everyone else. Monique & Erwin are experts in their field and do a wonderful job of starting a young horse.

Horsetalk.....how can you be so negative?:confused:

16. Mega Kool

Thanks BETHY.

You posted while I was typing.:)

17. Mega Kool

If any one wants to comment further, please PM me otherwise we will be hogging this advertising space and not letting anyone else put theirs up on the front page.

This thread was not suppose to be for comments. It was just to let you all know of the opportunity available.

Thanks.:)

18. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

who on earth told you that he was getting started for free??? you need to check your sources! Tony is paying like everyone else.

and as for "ride and train your stallion for Free". ive done this for Tony for just over 12months now and LOVE IT!!!. couldn’t ask for a better deal or a better person to do it for. yeah i ride for "free" but in return i get an all expenses paid horse, if i want to take him to a show, i let Tony know and he pays for everything. so don’t think for a second that Tony is trying to take advantage of someone, he pays just like everyone else.

19. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Lol Mega Kool, I'm not negative, I just answered the question you posted and gave you my opinion. :) Not many ppl can afford to train horses for free and I'm one of them. Doesn't pay for our horses and shows I'm afraid to say. ;) In my experience there is a "little difference" between a stallion and a gelding and if you are not looking for a experienced handler and trainer, like Bethy said, I hope you have very good insurance. MK, if you have all the knowledge about stallions, why don't you train him yourself and show him yourself?
    Green trainers and green stallions don't go very well, but what would I know.:))

20. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Horsetalk, the thing is that MK is not looking for a professional trainer. He has never said that he was, it's other people assuming that that's what he's after.

MK has done the ground work himself, but he does not ride, hence the reason he's looking for a rider for Chance. Although he is looking for a rider, he isn't exactly after a free trainer, he is paying for the training in the form of lessons and clinics.

There are alot of people out there who train and handle horses but do not ride them. This is for many reasons but does not necessarily mean that they are not good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.