Chance Requires A Handler/rider

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by Mega Kool, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mega Kool

Mega Kool Well-known Member

Have you ever wanted a have a horse, to treat as yours, without any expense? Well here's your CHANCE.

Twelve months ago I found someone to ride my Palomino colt.
    This person is going well and we are very happy with her efforts.

I also have a 2 1/2 year old quarter horse colt. Mega Kool Colonel (CHANCE).
    He was born and raised on our property and has been handled regularly but not as often as I would have wished.
    He has had some training, been to the SEC a few times, won ribbons, etc.

I am looking for a person to carry on his education and showing in hand till early next year at which time I will have him started under saddle professionally. After he is started under saddle, he will require further education and then showing in the latter part of 2009.
    (this is unless the person wants to start him themselves)

The person I am looking for will need to firstly be over 18 years of age, fit and willing to commit their time, be able to demonstate ability to handle a colt, have a fair amount of riding experience (preferably in western but not necessarily) and have patience.

This person would also need to be available to train and show 2 - 3 times a week. Shows are always on weekends.

In return we will look after Chance, pay all fees, club memberships, transport, lessons, etc. We have the facilities for training at our centre in Armadale.

If you believe that this would suit you and that your the type of person who can commit on a long term basis, please contact me.
    View attachment 3262
    Please note that there are some additional problems with riding a colt or stallion. Usually there called mares (and their owners).
    It's not all easy going. It's a challenge but the rewards can be enormous.

2. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

He is just gorgeous! Good luck with finding someone for him :D

3. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Oh he is just gorgeous! Too bad I have had virtually no experience with a colt before, would have been an awesome opertunity!

good luck finding someone. He is just beautiful!

4. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

hes gorgeous, good luck!

5. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

If anyone is interested and has questions feel free to ask

This is one of those opportunities that don’t come around very often, and I was lucky enough to get the Oakster last year. Chance is one kool cookie!

6. Roe

Roe Banned

What a super opportunity for some one :)*

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  7. Mega Kool

Hi Mods.

As long as you know that I have nothing to do with these posts.

I like the Bumping effect but it's not my doing.

Thanks. Tony.

8. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Ok come on guys this is someones service promotion and its really not fair to have petty bickering in it.
    Would you like it done to you if you were a paid advertiser ??I think not.
    I am going to take this thread back to where it started and please don't start arguments in these threads again.
    A not very impressed mod !

9. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

You have already been warned!!! No more discussion on the matter!!!

10. Mega Kool

Well there's been 700 odd hits on this thread and still no one has been interested in taking on the boy.

He's just a colt. Like a gelding with a couple of extra bits.
    He's not mean or nasty. Loves attention.

11. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Is he only available on your property?

12. Mega Kool

Yes, he is to stay here where we can look after him.
    That's not to say that someone else would'nt, but this way we know for sure.:)

13. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

True, LOL.
    Im sure the right person will come along, its a super opportunity for someone. **)

14. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

I think that maybe the a large amount people that do look for these sorts of situations eg. free lease etc. Are not all that experienced, especially when it is a young colt. (again not saying you should geld). All the experienced riders probably have enough of their own to ride lol

He seems lovely though, will look fantastic under saddle one day. I'd love to learn western but have my hands full, and am on total opposite sides of town lol.

Good luck, hope you find the perfect person for him **)

15. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

I agree. It makes it even more difficult when you have to go to two different properties to work and train your horses.

Good luck and I hope you do find the perfect person that will do him justice. **)

16. Mega Kool

I was thinking more about a person who use to ride, then gave it away due to commitments in regards to family or work and now wants to get back in the saddle but for some financial reasons maybe can't afford to.

If I was to geld him, I would not need someone to ride him because I have no use for a gelding. As quite as he is, I believe he would make a very nice gelding but to what end. I don't ride and I won't be able to use him for breeding.

It's kinda like CATCH 22. :)

17. smash

smash Well-known Member

i dont think it is a catch 22 MK,
    for some who has just had a break from riding to have a family, usually finds it hard to get there confidence back, so are not going to get on a colt for starters.
    any one with stallion experience will want money to ride your horse.
    if you only want him for breeding, than breed from him.
    but now heres the catch 22,
    if he is not seen to be a good working horse (as he is not a halter horse or is he?) you are not going to get GOOD ouside mares, so what good is he as a stallion?
    why not look into HALTER Q/H if that is where your interests lie?
    why try to breed performance horses if A) you dont ride and B) you dont want to pay for him to be profesionally shown undersaddle.
    it can be a lonely life for a stallion when he has no mares.
    you have a few options, but i feel you have picked they wrong "type" of horse for your situation.
    hope things work out
    cheers

18. Mega Kool

Well, I took Chance down to Tales Of The Trails Western Ranch last tuesday.

Erwin and Monique will start him under saddle ready for someone else to carry on with.

He is due to come home around the 18th August.

Ifr anyone is interested, let me know.**)

19. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

if i was in a different situation i would love the opportunity but with life atm its impossible to find enough time to travel. he is a gorgeous pony. good luck with him!!

20. Slimey94

Slimey94 Well-known Member

He is gorgeous, who ever takes this oppurtunity is very lucky!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.