carpenetto

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by horsescomefirst, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

If you were really serious about purchasing a quality Thoroughbred yearling, the Mundijong Sales are not the place to buy from.

Generally, only the dregs and problem horses are sold there!

2. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

um no, im not really serious about buying a quality tb yearling. in fact im cutting my horses right back.

i went to auction without a float and ony to sell some gear.

i fell in love with this little bloke. he might be a dreg and a problem horse but IM the one thats got the problem now, so it shouldnt really matter to anyone else should it??

if i DID want a quality tb yearling, then yes, i certainly wouldnt go to the mudi auction :)*

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I live up the road from the stud and know the people out there I will ask them what type of stallion he is and the types he throws.

4. horsescomefirst

thanks!! much appreciated!! :)*

5. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

dont know much about them we have our first one in the stable. 3 year old very quiet so far minus him coming within milimeters of kicking me this morning giving him a bath. 4 socks star split into two then a gap then a stripe half way up his nose down into a snip.

hopefully his quiet to ride/work would be a nice edition to the yard lol

6. Tolley

Tolley New Member

I purchased my carpanetto filly/mare as a 4 year old in january :)
    she is very sweet natured, a bit of a nut on the lunge but great under saddle!
    She's about 15.1hh, so little and quite fine as well.
    Hoping to make a show jumper out of her :)

7. Picup436

Picup436 Active Member

If she's anything like my 2 yr old, she'll be able to jump. When I want to jump my main horse I have to do so in the paddock where she is and she will follow me over anything, of any height. I was training at around 1m -1.10m but I now train much smaller, I don't want her jumping big stuff at her age!

I also have to take the jumps completely out of the paddock, otherwise she canters around all day jumping them just for fun.

8. Tolley

Tolley New Member

Oh yes, when i first got her we did trot poles and a few grids, 40cm jump was well below her ''capabilities'' to make an effort so she simply trotted or walked over each time, she has certainly showed to be bold in a calm way :)
    Unfortunately she injured her leg and had cellulitis so had been out of work for 2 months and came back into light work yesterday :)
    Can't wait to get back on her!

Carpanetto seems to throw some smaller types which is quite nice!

9. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Picup our girls are just more and more similar every time you post!!

My girl is a natural jumper too unfortunately lol, but I do plan on doing some small ODE's in the far future.

I've popped her over a few jumps on a free lunge and I literally just stand there after first getting her started, she will jump the jump, come back to a walk, get to the corner of the arena and pop herself back into trot and jump over it, all done herself! She also jumps logs in her paddock by herself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just one from the weekend cause I like it!

[​IMG]

Tolley put some pics up of your mare if you have any, would love to see :)

10. Tolley

Tolley New Member

Your girl is lovely!! A very nice type :)

I'm new here, so how do i post photos? :)
    At the bottom it says ''You may not post attachments''....

11. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

12. Picup436

Picup436 Active Member

I know, I'm looking forwards to meeting you and your girl on Sunday, i can't wait too see how alike they are in the flesh :)

I'm not looking forwards to the day that Poppet is old enough for me to jump under saddle, she's so extravagent with her back end i'm worried that she's going to jump me clean out of the saddle! :D

13. Tolley

Tolley New Member

[​IMG]

Hopefully this works!

I'll get some more photos this weekend.

she's a lovely type though, around 15.1hh, calm and willing :)

14. Tolley

Tolley New Member

And another :)
    [​IMG]

15. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Naw she is cute! She has the same soft eye as my Lilly :)

16. Picup436

Picup436 Active Member

Same eye as Poppet too :)

17. horsescomefirst

same size blaze as my yeraling by him!! :D

18. RoryGirl

RoryGirl New Member

my new girl Breeze (formerly Jaye) all photos courtesey (sp?) Astrid Mccagh [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Another pic of my girl cause I like it :)

[​IMG]

Lilly and Poppet (Picups girl)

[​IMG]

20. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-known Member

i know this is an old old old thread but ive just got a gelding my carpenetto and i cant find anything on him