CAPEL EFA ODE 28-29 march 2010

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by InkibahD, Feb 22, 2010.

1. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

But then again its XC, thats why we have these fences, if every fence was a brush... would be to easy!?!?!

2. BitBankAustralia

BitBankAustralia Well-known Member

Yes, it is XC and yes, it is meant to be challenging. I am just saying that a fence should not punish a horse or rider for getting it a bit wrong. The photo is a great one to show that the horse had drifted slightly, but jumped the height well. If the angled side panels were brush but the base remained solid I feel it would be a safer and fairer question. Just my opinion though, from my experience walking many, many courses both here and in the UK.:)

(And brush fences can still cause injuries- one of my charges at an international was withdrawn from the final trot up due to a swollen knee from a puncture wound from a brush fence! Not a happy day at a 3* that's for sure!)

3. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Congrats M :))

4. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

ouch mak! glad to hear Trump will be ok though **)

i was happy with my boys first comp for the year :) he hasnt been out since Oct last year so we were a bit "excited" hehe

did an ok test, he was quite tense though so got 63. jumped clear xc just 2.8 time and CLEAR sj woohoo!

well done all

5. ThatMakKid

ThatMakKid Active Member

Agreed with what you both are saying. Injuries are a part of eventing like every sport, we do our best to prevent but yes they still happen. And yes if the panels were brush he most likely wouldnt have been as bad off.

I guess on my part its a lesson learnt, and ill never make that mistake again thats for sure! Luckily no long time injuries which is the main thing in my eyes.

6. teddy2shoes

teddy2shoes Well-known Member

TMKid I have 2 pics of you at the water, sorry you had a lousy day but glad it wasn't too serious.... also in 2* a big bay horse and a big grey horse at same complex....can't see the numbers but it's not Sonja....any stockies???????

We had the BEST weekend ever! First time away with Bailey, junior intro 1 we had a great dressage test considering the sprinkler arrangement...sitting on 48.6 on Sat., then they brought our sj from Sun to Sat late which was great and after totally the wrong striding to the first jump and a refusal we flew around for only 4 penalties.
    Tha xc was AMAZING....clear and on time( first time ever on time )
    So total of 52.6 which didn't get a placing but considering the numbers we were rapt!!!!!!
    We only got home this arvo.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. LeedaleLodgeChik

grey could be Jess Manson
    or Jackie Sept

bay could be Myself
    Pheobe Tucker
    Paula Caplehorn

8. teddy2shoes

Bay has a blue saddlecloth and black body protector...is that you? It is over the first element...the brush.
    The grey isn't Jackie as the rider has a plait?

9. LeedaleLodgeChik

Think the bay is Paula Caplehorn...

and the Grey is Jess Manson

10. sigh.... still waiting to see final scores...:(

11. ThatMakKid

ThatMakKid Active Member

Big congrats on your weekend sound really successful!! Did you still have my email on hand to send through those pics? Thanks so much :)

12. emloveschocco100

emloveschocco100 Active Member

Well i had a bit of an interesting weekend, Choccos first time out this year so all a bit exciting for him. Warmed up very very well, i thought he would ace this test, judge tooted the horn and that was the end for us, he tensed up, and pullled the whole way around. Ended up on a 72 HAHAHA! pretty sure thats a record for Chocco, seeing as he can get 35's pens. Showjumping he went around, got one rail but very strong, and xc double clear although i had no control. Well done to everyone. had a great time at my first EFA event :)
    See you all out there again soon :)

13. Cornish Pixie

Cornish Pixie Active Member

What an awesome weekend - it was our first EFA eventing and my daughter lurrves the XC course! :) She is still over awed to have seen Sonja Johnson too!

She did Junior Intro 2 and placed:-

4th for Interschools
    5th in her actual class

She is extremely happy with her pony! :D

14. teddy2shoes

TMKid have emailed them....did they reach you?

15. Holmwood Trickster

Holmwood Trickster New Member

Well i had an awsome weekend...
    jack in the intro 1 came 3rd which he stayed on his dressage score and charlie in the jnr prelim came about 7th which i was happy with as she stayed on her dressage score as well. luv my horses :)

16. ThatMakKid

ThatMakKid Active Member

Eeeep just checked my email yes got them great thanks :)*

17. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................... :(

18. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

so am i :( i know i didnt place but i still wanted to see where i ended up

19. Evered

Evered Well-known Member

There are *some* results if you go through the Interschools section of the EAWA site under "Capel Results".

20. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

-.- my stupid computer won't let me open the results :(:( stupid excel -.-
    Not happy jan!!