CAPEL EFA ODE 28-29 march 2010

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by InkibahD, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Does anyone know if their is an official photographer for this show?

2. Huge numbers for entries - over 300!! sheesh!

I got great times and don't even mind doing my own helper job xc jj on sunday arvo - finished riding the big beast by then so get to sit on my butt for a few hours and rest!

Good luck everyone and Buggalugs see you sat pm for bevvies!:)*

3. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

Im off to do my helper job today :) dressage arena transport and slave for whatever ahaha

4. LeedaleLodgeChik

well all your dressage arenas are up! and Xc courses are measured... What a Day

5. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

Im at the end of the prelim class. My entries vanished but they have been great about it. Mum is marshalling the dressage all day. We are thinking we might camp even though its no more then an 1 hour away as mum has to be there by 7.30 and my dressage wont be till 3ish I think so by the time we get home it will be dark anyway and yeah... Will see what we decide

6. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

Deal!!

Redfoto are official photographers - not sure if anyone else is going - just noticed it was next to ambers helper duty :)

i dont like my times but what dya do!? lol gonna be up early on sunday!!!

7. ThatMakKid

ThatMakKid Active Member

Thought id get the first post of the weekend...since im home so early...

WHY may i ask is it that everytime i take 2 horses to Capel i come home having fallen off one and injuring the other?! Happened this year and last...coincidence?! I think not.

Gahh so an average weekend for me. Start with the 2**..My Trumpet is a legend, dressage was alright a bit tense had a few moments but meh happy as. XC starting great he was eating it up get to the picture frame im a little lacking impulsion...and we jump but sideways into the frame bit, hence me now having a MASSIVE ankle and Trumpy stifling himself #( Although i of course had no idea so kept going and the poor thing, would've been hurting him so much hes got a massive patch of skin off. Not too deep luckily. But from then on around the course was really scratchy, had stops, unlike him, he never stops XC so we assumed his leg wasn't the most comfortable thing. But made it home alive.

So he's scratched and home all bandaged up.

Then the Zephyr girl, wasn't her weekend this time. Anyone see the black horse piss bolting off the oval at around 8am Saturday yep that was her with me on the ground. Lots of problems to sort out at home before i get her out and about again!

So both ponies home in their stable. #(

Hope everyone else had a better weekend than me.

All i can say is bring on the next one ive gotta have some more luck there. The ups and downs of eventing!!

8. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Aww TMK what a horrible weekend. Hope the big boy is ok :(

More results anyone??

9. SaddleClubber

SaddleClubber Active Member

oh makka that sucks!!
    i new there had to be a good explanation for trumpy stopping!! poor boy #(

i had a fairly solid w.end in the one star

sitting 6th...ish after dressage even with one and a half errors lol

cross country, had one stop but omg was far and away the best hes ever felt x-country EVER!!! he was just a legend he was so easy and so rideable i was absolutely wrapped with him:D

oh and s.jumping knocked up a cricket score with 3 rails, but he actually jumped relatively nicely

so as far as scores go, we did pretty shit but im stoked regardless :)*

10. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

Crap that sucks about your big boy TMK Hopefully he heals up fast.
    My weekend was Ok
    Dressage I was last in to go and I warmed up abit early then it rained and thats the one thing he really doesnt do.Luckily it stopped about a test before I went in.
    Around the arena he was spooky which is very unlike him but as soon as he went into the arena he knew what he was doing :) Got 67% - 48.something penalties 4th after dressage
    SJ was interesting he got thrown out because he wasnt XCing first and just wasnt properly listening but got clear.
    XC.hmmm Was interesting.He was okay but never really got going till just a few jumps before the water and then had a stop at the water which isnt normally like him but we had a fall at a clinic in the water there and both remember it so I should of ridden it better and known.
    I took him down a shoot then he jumped down and was good the rest of the course. So thats my first ever stop on george xc its really not like him but I think its just that water... Need to do some more water training.
    Of course once he finished his dinner he went and canter straight across 2 creeks !

11. eventkid1

eventkid1 Well-known Member

We also had our ups and downs this weekend!! (most ups :)*)
    Our dressage warm was umm... interesting?? He was going lovely and then started rearing and bucking/pigrooting, flying backwards and spinning!! Mum and I were very confused, anyways managed to get the loser up to the judge and that was interesting to, but once we went into the arena he seemed to sort of pull it together and we managed to get through it without one bit of naughtyness :) Scored 60.8pens and put us equal 8th!

The showjumping was much funner :) no silly business in the warm up and went third (pushed into the seniors :p) and we went clear/clear!! I was and still am sooo happy with him!!

After waiting for like 22 hours before my XC he was getting a bit unsettled so finally got on him to warm up and he did what he did in the dressage warmup!! It took me about 5 minutes to get to the start box but after that he was amazing!! For only being intro 2 he really seemed to like it and we got around clear/clear!! I was very suprised and he really pulled through for me :)
    So we ended on our dressage score of 60.8 and placed 5th or 6th (wasnt around just got told) and i am still smiling :) I love my big loser!!

12. ThatMakKid

ThatMakKid Active Member

Bit of a pic overload...didnt get any of any stockies i dont think but a fair few facebook people who have stockyard but get off there way easier to upload! Photo credits to my dadddd :p

Our first Top Hat and Tails experience:
    [​IMG]

Pretty pony:
    [​IMG]

XC:
    [​IMG]

My rider error that stuffed the weekend for us:
    [​IMG]
    Above is the one where he stifled himself quiite clearly and where i hurt my foot.

Got to be a butt shot:
    [​IMG]

13. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

:eek: TMK your ankle in that shot! You can see how you'd be in alot of pain now! OWIES OWIES OWIESSSSSSSSSS!

Hope pony makes a quick and speedy recovery though **)

Can't wait to see more picces and hear more results!!

14. absolutely thrilled with my youngster - was equal first after dsg on 43.6 penalties. One rail sj (my bad spot) and great xc although had to wet his feet first in the water which gave me time penalties and dropped me out of placings. None the less, for such a young horse I'm very pleased and he will only get better with age and experience so by the time he's 7 he'll be old pro!

Have to keep working on the gallop - he still hasn't quite figured out what to do with his legs at top speed lol but the boy covers the ground nicely so by the time he's PN / 1 * we should have it sussed! Will have to send him around with the neighbour's racehorses to teach him!:)*

15. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

Hey Mak hope you and Trump are ok? I was XCJJ on the hay feeder and he looked tops, saw your dsg too, very smart. Thought it was odd when I saw you driving out with Trump on the back then I heard your mum telling someone what had happened and I thought she was talking about his leg... eek! Glad you're both ok though.

Must admit hubby and I swapped looks when we heard "loose horse" come across the PA so early on Saturday morning... I think Capel and dressage are just two things that don't go well together... must be that bloody sprinkler!

Mend quick you too!

16. ThatMakKid

ThatMakKid Active Member

Yes he was great over the hay feeder actually everything up until my stuff up! Yes we will be ok **)

I know 8am and already a loose horse! For some reason they dont seem to like doing the dressage on that oval ha ha. I blame it on the sprinkler too then :p

17. LeedaleLodgeChik

Well Howdy Doody All
    In the Unpacking process and repacking... NOt fun anyway
    I took Three down and Three did exceptionally well!!!!!
    Sebastian Bach went down for a NO injury NO Jackups ALL safe session and we did it
    ended up 5th in 2* on him did A lovely dressage and sj WOW was awsome round for those who saw it and XC was fantastic with only a SMALL amount of time and a rider error and me pulling out coz it wouldnt of been pretty a 20 pens but perfect warm up for Trans Tasman!

Leedale Distinctive Guy, Think it was his time to shine very small one horse warm up for dressage pulled a great score clear xc and SJ and ended up 3rd! this horse did nothing last year I may add he did odd events in between his injuries at Stuarts but im wrapped with him :)

APH Longasox
    for those who saw him ... he is NOT related to any of Sonjas hahaha he did a very good dressage, clear sj and jumped it HUGE and xc was awsome after having a collision with the yards the night before it wasnt looking good for a while but sound as sound could be I took him quietly on xc and he did a very good job for his SECOND eventing event and FIRST over night stay and FIRST intro 1

im a very happy mother :)

if anyone has any pics of my team please share :)
    number 68 2*
    number 23 Prenov
    and number 163 Intro 1A :D

18. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

well what can i say... i had just the most awesome wkend!!!

dressage - he was tense to start in the warm up and then he kinda went - oh right i can be a dressage horse!! ended up 4th after dressage on 52.something our best ever result!! must all that dressage we've been doing since last yr! lol

xc - all i wanted was to have a horse that was listening to me... and he was fantastic... a little slow (1sec) so incurred 0.4penalties but i was ecstatic with how he jumped... he felt amazing

sj - it was messy - very messy. he was a little unbalanced and not listening, i was riding like crap but we (somehow) went clear:)... he felt like he was jumping off the ground really well and tried his heart out for me so given that we have jumped only a handful of times since fairbridge i was really very happy with how he went... now to do a little more jumping at home and we might get that a little better!!

anywho - we ended up 2nd!! our best result ever, never having placed at an EWA event and having such a dreadful yr last yr i am so happy with my big orange beasty :D i couldnt be prouder of him :D :D :D

hope you and trumpy feel better soon maka and liz - tell your orange beast that hes not allowed to scare us like that again!!!

19. Stormy

Stormy Well-known Member

I had a good weekend, was using it as a confidence building one which it helped so will be back to the bigger heights in no time,

Smiley was quiet good in his test, had some good bits and some not so good bits, his show jumping was ok, though once i get my stuff to gether we will be fine. XC we went to much for a lovely canter on a sunday afternoon so got a couple of time penalties but overall happy.

Lurch was a turd in his dressage test and i couldn't use my left arm so have some work to do there. his sj was good, was happy with it, was an improvement on his dressage. and xc i just have to let him go a bit.

20. BitBankAustralia

BitBankAustralia Well-known Member

* Quote*My rider error that stuffed the weekend for us:
    [​IMG]
    Above is the one where he stifled himself quite clearly and where i hurt my foot.*Quote*

Fences should not punish horses and riders for errors- in my opinion that fence should have been with brush sides not solid sides. A letter explaining your injuries and attaching that photo sent to the organisers would I'm sure help prevent something like that occurring again. Bad luck for you both, and I hope the injuries heal quickly.