CAPEL EFA ODE 28-29 march 2010

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by InkibahD, Feb 22, 2010.

1. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

Does anyone have any info on this?
    I am thinking of going but there doesnt appear to be any entry forms or any info up about this yet? aside from the date

2. Cornish Pixie

Cornish Pixie Active Member

3. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

hey!!

yep its also in the e-blast that came through recently :)

Id like to go, just waiting to see if the wallet will let me, if it does, we'll be there just toddling round PN for this one ;)

4. InkibahD

LOL i found it on cavalletti before i read this thread back, im not sure if i want to go, money is one issue...its not a short drive, plus entry fees, plus fitness and then theres the question of upgrading, Im really not sure, Ill see how serpy goes and then make my decision...But i seem to be a chicken since my little spill.....Buggs i was getting all panicky over 60cm showjumps? WTF, had a lesson with les at brookleigh last tuesday and by the end of it i was feeling much more confident but really not sure....arrrr
    anyway ill just see how i go...ideally id like to at least completed a 1* early in the year coz the next one available is a CIC so i def wont be qualified for that

5. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

bonnnn you have to come :)

i will be there on Jeddy in PN

6. buggalugs

hahahaha :D

nah i really shouldnt laugh - i am worried about my SJ too... we seem to have solved the issues that caused us all the problems last yr BUT there is still that in the back of my mind... XC im REALLY looking forward too!!

cait wrap jeddy up in cotton wool until then!! and tell him hes a norty boy if he goes near any fences!!

7. yep will def be going have been waiting on EA Handbook but might jump on site and get entries in asap then

Will be my monster baby's first prelim run - he seemed to cope with schooling over the PN fences down there recently so ticking along at prelim will be encouraging for him.

8. CLP

CLP New Member

I will hopefully be going :)* Am really excited!!

I haven't been to Capel for a looong time (I'm talking ~13 years!) - Last time I went it was out at Tucker's farm. I have been told its now all at the PC/Equestrian grounds.

So can anyone tell me what the XC is like for the Intro grades??
    I remember it being pretty flat....? Are the Intro courses particularly long or short? Is the ground hard this time of year?

Thanks heaps! **)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  9. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

I'm planning to go training there this weekend to decide whether I'll do intro 1 or 2.

The intro courses are nice CLP flat reasonably soft ground pretty kind course. The ground in winter is a quagmire but now it will be perfect in capel one can bog two cruisers and a loader in winter ;).

10. CLP

CLP New Member

Thanks TBPA **) Good to see you are going also - look forward to catching up!

I too am trying to make the same decision re Intro 1 v 2 - will most likely be a big baby and choose the latter though!

HA! Two cruisers and a loader!!! The mind boggles - sounds like fun and adventures a-plenty.. ;)

11. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

He he very cool the worst part of capel on a greenie is the dressage under the centre pivot... ugly I'm prepared. I think I'll probably wuss out and do 2 and then 1 at the pony club event a month later.

12. InkibahD

well if you and buggs are there, then ill have to go...party time i think ive decided to take it slow so ill proib be there but doing pre novice :)
    entries dont close for 2 weeks so i have time to think :) i do love capel though they have a lovely course

13. buggalugs

ill second the course - best one to start off with, few questions but just bowls along nicely :)

14. ThatMakKid

ThatMakKid Active Member

yepp im another one who loves Capel first up, its great!!

Ink i did my first 1* at Capel last year...despite a mishap in my sj (left my saddle ha) the XC was fantastic! Sure there's a few things but overall a course that builds your confidence more and more after every jump!

Def reccommend it to you :)*

15. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

Already sent my entries off :) will be there,Doing it with interschools though would have gone any way.
    Very last intro 1 hopefully all going well with the water...he had a bit of a spill last time there at a clinic,has been fine at other events but just want to be sure he is all good to go now before I move up.

16. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

*sigh*
    such a tough decision.
    i really, REALLY want to go.
    but pulling a VERY fat standardbred out of the field, and bringing him back into work for this event..
    I don't see how it can be rewarded. To either of our mental states, or our personal acheivements.
    Wish I had organised myself sooner.
    Then Garryman would be back out on the circuit before he gets sold on!

17. InkibahD

I have seen the 1* course and it is a confidence builder i know, :) thanks for the reassurance, My confidence is a bit shot unfortunately since our spill last year, and ive gon from being bored with prenovice to scared of 60cm showjumps, LOL im hoping my run at serpy this weekend will reinstate my confidence, but ill just have to see....hmm decisions decisions

18. buggalugs

mmm it was my first 1*/A+ too there last yr lol... thats what you get for pressing the eject button maka!!!

why dont you run this one at PN bonn and do the PC at A+? same course etc but without the entry fee to match hahaha

19. InkibahD

Hmm thats a good idea except im thinking ill do brig 1* on the same date as PC just coz what i spend in entry fees i will save on fuel, and ive trained at brig with PC, but i prob will run this one PN, i doubt ill get over my scardy catness in one weekend, im difficult arent I, LOL

20. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

yepp, both my boys in

Geeyjay Jackson in the Pre Nov
    Iconic Empire in the Prelim

and my sister in the intro 2 on krystall Park Impressive