Canning District Results?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Lauren, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

It's a shame the back gate wasn't unlocked Hen. That would have allowed people to exit straight onto the Moore Street without having to drive through all the horses milling around waiting for classes.
    Ah well, perhaps something for organizers to think about for next time. :)

I get annoyed at shows when people without floats park in the float parking area.
    Float parking at most grounds can be pretty tight and I see no need for spectators and helpers (who have made their own way there) to take up valuable space.
    Those people can park outside and walk in. The shows at Gosnells and Magenup are a prime example. There's separate parking provided for those without floats, and ample verge parking, and yet so many drive in and park next to their mates float *#)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
  2. CMBR

CMBR Well-known Member

I had the most amazing parking spot. probably to do with the fact i got there at 6am because i thought my horse wouldnt float and he fooled me :eek: Right at the front under a tree.
    Felt sorry for everyone boxed in :( looked pretty tight back there!!

3. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I just had my car and no float but found a car and float I recognised and paked there. Then went and found owner of car and float and told her it was me parked so if she needed to get out to let me know. Wally is always pretty bad for parking. Last time I went there for a hack show I had to get 3 ppl to move before i could get out!

4. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

yessssss aboslutely, it was a bit of a pita because for some reason people seem to think you can drive through them :confused: or that their horse kicking out at your car is perfectly acceptable lol.

5. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I definitely think it pays to have someone directing parking (was no one when we arrived). I know space is tight there... but at the ODE's they manage to get over 200 of us in.

6. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

They kind of did, but they weren't really putting heart and soul into the job hehe :p

7. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

120% agree!!

8. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Maximum of 120 allowed at Wallangarra ODE's, simply because of the lack of parking.
    There was always going to be parking issues for this event, when you think of how many normally attend a breed show. There was a parking attendant when we arrived at 7am, however it was nearly full at this stage, and we were only able to squeeze in at the back.
    Saw lots of people that had parked sideways over 2 or 3 potential parks, and cars without floats in valuable spots.

Loved the show, thought the organisers did a great job making it fun and relaxed, however next time more thought might need to be put into parking.

9. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

There was someone directing parking - a lot of people ignored him lol *#) Gotta love the people that arrive for a show that starts at 8am, AT 8am, and then frustrated with parking *#)*#)

I didn't feel any heat? It was FREEZING when we arrived and that WIND!!! No wonder so many horses thought they were at ballet class :D

I did want to applaud the comment that it's a Horse Show, not a Dog Show.....and also applaud the commentator of the SOS's LOL, he was AWESOME!!

10. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

Maybe a few of the people winging should help out at a few of these shows and see that it is all run by volenteers and that 1 or 2 people can not park everyone at once.

11. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Whinging ? Where ? I see only comments and the odd suggestion. ';'

12. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

I don't think anyone was whingeing per se, rather throwing around ideas to make it easier for everyone next time **) both competitors and organisers :)

Ahaha snap ZaZa :D

13. nixon666

nixon666 New Member

does anyone know who judged the andalusian classes??

14. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Adrian Pike..he also filled in for the other classes in ring 1 as the original judge was injured.

15. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

K. Boyland also helped by doing the Show Hunter Horse Classes in Ring 1 before A. Pike took over for the breeds.