Canning District Results?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Lauren, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

How did everyone go? :)*

2. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Was so happy with Lucky :)

Talk about versatile.. yesterday he did fancy dress, show jumping, dressage and handy pony! (which he placed in all haha) and today he did a breed show *#)

No placing in our Thoroughbred class (HUGE classes, knew we weren't going to stand a chance!).. however he came 2nd in Show Horse and got a nice comment from the judge :) He came 2nd against a reeeeeally nice horse (Redline shooting star?..) who went on to win champion :) Was absolutely stoked.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  3. carol51

carol51 Well-known Member

we got ch 3 and under broken colour gelding and 3 other firsts and my grandoughter won handler with same horse hes only a yearling and i was so proud of his behavior this was his 4th show and hes improving all the time had a great time

4. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

Good, but very hot day :)

Only took Limehill Tiffany today, 2nd show, 5th outing and my first time as her handler :)

Got 3rd in show pony out of 8 :) (even doing a backwards star jump :p)
    Got 2nd in Handler out of 6
    And Brit did her Part Welsh classes and got 2nd Best Presented out of 6 (thanks so much Bubbles) and 4th in her filly 3yrs and younger out of 5 (comment made that she was too young, but has quality)

Helped out with the supreme line ups and there was definitely some very good stock put in the show ring across all breeds

5. Salinero

Salinero Well-known Member

Well done everyone!!! And nice to meet some Stockies today! :)* Well done Lauren! You should be very proud! And loved your colours today!

Shame I never made it... I got a vet bill instead.

6. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

We had a great day with Kit. He served Thursday so was good to remind him that its not always about that and he was so well behaved. He also has not shown in over a year!

Many thanks to Canning Districts who put classes on for the Friesian Warmbloods as they had enough numbers and no Friesian purebreds were there :)*

Anyway, Kit won Supreme Champion Friesian Warmblood. We probably should have hung around for the big ones but the flies and heat were driving us all nuts so we called it a day there and took him home. At 1 point he actually tried to roll because of the flies and it was the 1st thing he did when he got to his paddock at home.

We got sooo much lovely feedback. Lost count at all his admirers, it is certainly such a nice feeling and nice to know he stands out so much!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

Well we had a pretty good day.. :)
    It was nice to catch up with a few people again...
    Thanks to Canning Districts for a very well run show...
    Kat and Princess got:
    3rd in thoroughbred 4y/o and over mare class out of 5
    4th in handler out of 18 (very happy with that one)
    4th in show horse out of 5
    She was very good and slept all day :p
    couldn't get her attention for any of the photos so here is an unimpressed Princess....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and a sleepy princess holding her own lead
    [​IMG]
    just realized how un-photogenic princess is :eek:

Your boy is just lovely Kimaley!!

8. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Pretty good day with with ponies. They (and us!) were very agitated by the flies and after having to wait about 2 hours to go into the ring they were well and truly over it!

Lilly:
    2nd TB mare out of 5

Fury:
    1st TB gelding out of 9
    Reserve champion

9. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Well Sheldon (Braylea Loverboy) and I had an awesome day, without the evil little flies it would have been perfect (not much you can do about them this time of year though:( )

Results:
    Hunter over 14.2
    2nd best Presented
    1st Gelding 14.2- 15.2
    Res Champion (overall no Supreme) :D:D:D

Arabian Derivative over 14.2
    1st Best Presented
    1st Gelding 3yo and under
    Res Champion:))

and 2nd in the old f*rts handler in ring 1 :p

thoroughly enjoyed my day and really appreciate the lovely comments about :)

Well done to Nanna and the crew from Canning Districts Riding Club for yet another great day:))

10. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

DQ, You forgot she won a prize for dirtiest pony after rolling in the driveway :D

Before...
    [​IMG]

and after the work is over......
    [​IMG]

Many, many thanks to Bubbles for looking after her for us this week and prepping her for today.....and to Lil Miss Bubbles for helping out!!!

Didn't ened up taking the QH as I'd forgot I'd loaned gear out :eek: and also......too bloody tired after holiday last week :D

11. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Congrats on everyone's results! A well run show, I had a great day, nice to be home by 2pm and get to spend the morning with good friends:)

I saw your little girl Wattle- she is super cute:) I also didn't get my little QH there but brought my TB along instead, no placings for us but he isn't exactly a halter horse! But he behaved like a dream and is heaps of fun to take along.

Love everyone's pics:D

12. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

I didn't get to see the WB's or say goodbye to everyone cos checked the time and flipped - was over an hour late for a bbq lol!

Was a nice day, congrats to Lauren, Gemma and Alex and everyone else on their results :)* was nice to catch up with you guys!!

I enjoyed my day out with the donkey despite the fact that he is also definitively not a halter horse lol. He came 3rd in the "antique" TB class :D he was beautifully behaved all day and even PEED in the CARPARK - omg - this is big for us because normally he jiggles and won't go til he gets in the float.

So, progress! We even had hay eating on the float!

13. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

ok now where do i begin!!
    congrats to all the lovely friends i had competing there today and congrats on everyones results

*ahem*
    my day started with a huge cloud over not even attending :( but alas i pulled Nova off the float at 8am bridled her and trotted out to my ring, i missed my show hunter best presented owell!

i was also going to not go in my show hunter 14.2 and over class as novas kinda between show hunter and show hack lol but i decided hell who cares more experice luckkky for me as i walked over my class was being called eeep!

nova did me sooo proud everything i threw at her she took in her stride like an old champ :)
    we placed second out of 3 in out show hunter class
    and we placed 3rd out of 4 (maybe 5) in our mare 4 years and over in any other rego breeds.

Nova and i have been through so much over the past year or so and im so glad everythings falling into place :)) FINALLLYYYYY

also a hugggee congrats to my bestie CMBR for amazing results with her little man!!!

We have been on the go non stop for 2 days and it was all worth it <3
    love our babies

eta i forgot piccies !!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tweeddle dee and tweeddle dumb, lovers !!!

eta 2- her noseband is too high :( whooopsy

14. mysticmoondancer04

mysticmoondancer04 Well-known Member

Congrats to everyone on their results! There was alot of stunnign horses and ponies there today!
    Huge thank you to Canning Districs for holding the show adn of course the judges and helpers.

I only decided to actually go yesterday so dragged my 2 year old Aussie Pony out the paddock. It was her first bath, first time plaited up and first time floating by herself (and I live 4 hours south) so she handled the day really well. She wasnt overly enthusiastic about trotting in the ring lol But I couldnt have asked for a better behaved pony for her first outing.

She placed
    1st BP Aussie Pony
    1st Filly 3 Years and Under
    Champion Filly/Mare
    SUPREME AUSSIE PONY

She was the only one though :eek: She did get some lovely comments from the judge though so I was pretty pleased with her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Was such a great day!
    Thanks to Canning Districts, they made it very enjoyable :)

Congrats to Lauren, Leon, Hen, Casperjesse, Sollywolly, Farfromhome and CMBR for your results and having your horses turned out so beautifully! Was great to see everyone enjoying themselves and looking so great.

Nice to meet you Salinero! @)

So proud of Vegas today! He behaved himself so beautifully and did everything I asked of him. We dont usually go very well in breed shows but today I was really happy with our achievements:

3rd Best Presented Show Horse
    2nd Show Horse over 15.2hh
    2nd Handler 18-30 (out of about 12!)
    1st Best presented TB
    4th TB 4-9 years (big class!)

Here are a couple of pictures:

[​IMG]

With his ribbons and beautiful halter (thanks Leon! :D )

[​IMG]

16. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

Vegas looked fabulous and a real credit to you - very well deserved results!! :)* Your turn out was enviable too - you should go into business!!!

ETA i have pics I will put up later too :)

17. country chick89

country chick89 Active Member

does anyone no who went sumpreme quaterhorse and were there any paint breds

18. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks Sollywolly :) It was great getting him out after over 12 months and for him to behave so well. Your girl looks like an absolute sweetie.

Vegas looks GREAT Lakota! Love his big white nose!

Wattle, can't wait to see your pony with another 12 months maturity :)*

19. CMBR

CMBR Well-known Member

Very happy with my pony for his first time out.
    Is a bit of a horror to prep though :eek:

He settled in well placing
    4th in show hunter gelding.
    3rd warmblood gelding
    2rd AORB gelding.

Our aim for the day was to chill and have fun and we did. My friend ended up trotting him out so a big thanks to her!

I didn't get any photos unfortunately :( but had a awesome day!!

Was good to catch up with everyone!

20. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

didnt see any Paints and SOQ My Only Scenario was Supreme QH:)