Can you help?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by skiddlez, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

ok i may be reciving a horse soon, yeah i know..... well the guy i might be getting the horse off his name is bruce, could it a bruce watkins that i had found on google? The horse that is supposably lines up for me is a 8yr old TB, chestnut with a large blaze and white legs. Does this saying thing much. I texted him asking where he was but i havnt receive anything back.... Anyone, Help??

2. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

...but you've just sold a horse because you couldn't afford him :confused:

3. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

not sure what you are asking in your post sva :confused:

4. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

Not sure what you are asking mate?

5. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

i think sara's asking if anyone knows this person and if the horse is his...?

6. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

sorry if i am off track but.....

so if i am correct a guy called bruce has a tb for you?

there are many bruce's in the racing world other than bruce watkins os it may or may not be his horse

you would need to wait for them to get back in touch with you

is it something straight off the track mate?

glad to see your circumstances have changed (am assuming with the new job you scored ;) ) and you can afford a new horsey **) **)

7. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

yes oldhack thats correct, i have a new job and earning plenty to have a horse. I just recieive a text from him and he is in karnup. Well i asked to tell me about this horse so hopefully he will get back to me soon but i will keep you posted on what goes on!

8. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

congrats mate! **) bet you are glad to be getting another horse..... easy to go insane without them!

9. Jess&Sabby

Jess&Sabby Well-known Member

not being rude sva666 but when we was tlaking the other night you said you earnt 200 a fortnight? somehow i dont think this would be enough to look after a horse especially one coming straight from the track that will need training ect ect. maybe, as i suggested, you should save up a bit just incase something unexpected comes up ect?

10. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

ok orginally i was getting from centrelink 190 a fornight... ok now i have a job i get 13.91 per hour but it is only casual work due to the fact its a catering place. I found out that centrelink is still paying me due to the fact that i dont earn enough and also ive been told im inderpendent so now im getting 350 a fortnight.

Last week i earnt 140 odd for 2 days if im correct and that was about 11 hours or so... But seeming as it is getting closer to xmas there is alot more functions and ill be doing more hours which means i could get up to about 300 if im lucky from work... but seeming as im only casual centrelink is just keeping an eye on me so that im well on my feet and all that. seeming as my mother doesnt really support me as much as she is no longer a soul parent.

Well i dont care really if you dont understand but i sure do, as its my life. Im sorry if i and saying stuff to the point of what i think but yeah... atleast im getting it out there and you guys may understand.

Trust me i wouldnt be getting a horse if i didnt think i had enough money.

11. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Dont know how you do it. It costs me $170 a fortnight for 2 small ponies and that doesn't count farrier, vet, petrol going to and from stables and all the extra bits like rugs etc. Won't leave you much for yourself to pay your bills and living expenses. Good Luck:)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  12. Jess&Sabby

know what you mean goodie i get 600 a week and still struggle with my ponies :( and i got 3 of em

13. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

well i dont have a licence yet but on my way to getting it just got to book lessons. lol but i fed byron on 190 a fortnight.... or even less... but he wasnt on high price feed there was no need for it when he was in a paddock not been ridden.....

But now i have more time which will help me!

14. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

look i give in on your quotes on expenses.... if i ever needed the money my boyfriend said he will help out which i have never asked him yet..... Why do you despite that i "cannot" look after a horse?

15. Jess&Sabby

we have no doubt you can look after a horse but money doesnt grow on trees and even you said your job is casual and unriliable and its all well and good for your bf to say he will help you but what happens when and if he needs something from the vets or something like that. we just all want you to be able to look after a horse finacianlly not just emotionally .

16. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

I have full family support, most of my family loves horses and they know what they mean to me... me and my mum managed to pay for my tb's vet bill which was a tragic loss and i will never forget him. Anyhow that vet bill was over $2000. I paid byrons vet bill's and shoes and teeth.... if i ever think ill ever come into a position that i cant afford a horse i wouldnt dare buy one.... but anyhow..... enough said

17. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Definately wasn't saying that! Was just saying good on you for being able to do it, no way I could, I have family expenses as well though. Would love to be in the position to spend all my money (or most of it ) on my ponies:)
    And its great that you have support:)

18. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

well if this horse doesnt go to plan my mum will be adopting romeo from SC for me... i think me and romeo get along!

19. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

I know Romeo! My friend had adopted him from there for a couple of months in the very beginning in his worst state.

Sorry just had to mention it :)

20. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

Why dont you just help Merrylegs out with SCHR and get your horse fix that way??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.