Can someone look up a horse/ brand?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by BeccaBoo, Aug 16, 2009.

1. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Well-known Member

A friend at my agistment center has a TB gelding she got from the RSPCA and she was wondering if someone can look up his brand? She is just curious as to what stud he's from and what he did race-wise in his younger days.

His near side shoulder is 'B' and his offside is 225 (I *think* its that anyway, its two-hundred and twenty something haha) over 4, being '84. He's a gelding and I would call him brown/ bay.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated! :D
  2. mihu

mihu Active Member

Need more info on horse as no way anyone can really help!
  3. ilikehorsesdou

ilikehorsesdou Well-known Member

ring perth racing they should be able to help you :D
  4. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

The online ASB brand enquiry search that is available to the public by subscription is incomplete prior to 2003. Because the horse you are looking for is born in 1984, the records do not come up under the brand search screen. If the horse is registered, he will be there by registered name only, its just that he doesnt come up if you are searching soley by brand.

If you contact the Registrar of Racehorses, you can find out his registered name, and they send you a card with his ID details on it. It costs $50 and here is the link Racing Information Services Australia click on the "Horse ID form" to download it, print it out and send it off.

Once you have his registered name, you can find out details about his racing career easily enough.

All I can tell you is his breeder is Mr TK Breadmore.
  5. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Well-known Member

Aah thanks for that :) Cant give any more info on horse Mihu... nothing more is known!
    Thanks for the info Kiraspark, I'll pass the info on to his owner.