C25K Running Programme

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by myyky, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

Thanks guys that sounds much less scary than i thought! I looked up the short coursetimes and it looked doable. i just need to get on a bike. I'd much rather swim than bike though!

Gaia, you'll probably see me huffing and puffing around oakford :unsure:

2. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

You do the swim and I'll do the bike lol. I hated the bloody swim at the Pinkie Tri!

3. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Wait til you get out in the ocean then Gaia! At least you can kind of see where you are going in the pool!
    Hang on that's not encouraging anyone...no really its like floating down stream on a river of chocolate*#) . . .i don't even like chocolate....make that champagne!;)

4. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Freestyle if you are a good swimmer you'll do really well. That is what most people struggle with. I thought I was a below average swimmer but on the weekend I was 11 th out of 68 in my age group for the swim, which I was very surprised at. I usually swim once a year....when im updating my bronze medallion. It seems most of the entrants can ride and/or run but if you are fairly quick out of the swim you put yourself in a fairly good position.

5. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

Deal gaia! I was on the national development squad for swimming back in the day so the swim is great for me :) ocean swimming is great fun! The extra buoyancy makes for quicker times and dodging jelly fish kept my mind off being tired haha

Thanks for all the tips girlies! I think i'll have a go on the bike tomorrow. It might be a nice ride to champion lakes.

6. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Freestyle you will flog the swim then. And think of it this way, if you get out of the water 50m in front of someone, by the time they have swum that 50m you are already 500m into your bike ride...they have to pedal real hard to catch you!
    Good swimmers have a big advantage!:D

7. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Well I have realized the half marathon is not an option for me! I did 14.5k. Last night and felt terrible. I think it was more of a psychological thing where it is just too long my keep my mind occupied*#)
    The last 3 Kms were the most comfortable strangely enough but that was well and truly enough for me. Think I will focus on 10km fun runs and a few short triathlons!
    Anyone else still going?

8. Premier

Premier Well-known Member

Ok I hope we all survive the Christmas NY period :)

I need a mini Tri to aim for, starting to swim this week and need a new goal, who can point me in the right direction.

9. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Premier check out the sunsmart womens triathlon on Sunday march 3rd.
    There is a mini tri which is 150 m swim, 5 km cycle and 1.5 km run. Most of the people doing this distance are doing their first one. This is the first one I did and it is a nice course at Hillary's!
    The one up from that is 300 m swim, 7 km cycle and 3 km run.
    I have only done 2 and both were at Hillary's so very doable for anyone doing their first one. If you check out the Telstra tri series there are a few others listed and there is also another company that run them and i think their website is something like "allbarnone" There is another one coming up in the river at freo but apparently the hills around there are pretty tough.
    Are you still doing the busso 10 or 5 km?

10. Premier

Sounds great Fat Tiger :) will look into those

I am doing 5kms at Bunbury on Australia Day and 5kms on the 9th Feb at Busselton.

Will be kid free as of the 1st of Feb, although I think his first weekend home from Ag school is the weekend of that Tri so will see what I can work out, maybe we can make it a family trip he he

11. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Well, I was going to do the Tri on Sunday at Champion Lakes but my swimming still sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

12. Premier

OOOO what ones are at champion lakes???

don't think I can do the Sunsmart one I already feel guilty about not being home that weekend grrrrr kids ha ha

13. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

It's part of the Telstra series Prem. not sure if they run others, but I know they have had a Dualathon they so I presume they have all different events held there.

14. Premier

Ok thanks Gaia I will look into Telstra series a bit more.

15. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Gaia isnt the champion lakes one on Saturday? Pacing cup is Friday night so I will be in no shape for a tri on Saturday but if it's Sunday it might be an option, although I haven't swum or been on the bike since the Hillary's tri! :eek:
    Does it matter if your swimming sucks at the moment? I suck at everything but it just gives you something to Improve on and try to beat next time. If I waited til I was good at something nothing would ever get done :p

16. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

It might be Saturday, FT, I haven't looked at the date, just knew it was this weekend. Will go look

17. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Yep, its Saturday!!! lol

18. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Anyone doing colour run this Sunday? It sold out! Not sure how it's going to go in rain, but I'm excited :)*

19. Cowgirl_9

Cowgirl_9 Active Member

Ooo forgot about this thread :)
    Well I am onto week 4 of c25k, did day 2 last night (my legs are not liking me today! lol).
    I have been goin to the gym at least 5 nights a week for the last 4 weeks and have lost 4.5kgs :) Obviously combined with healthy eating as well
    My aim is to do HBF Run for a Reason 4km in May, will see how I go :)