C25K Running Programme

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by myyky, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Haha, I'm glad I'm only a " freak" and not a "super freak" *#):lol:
    Yeah, I do know what you mean tho , that's how I ended up making money in the Bibra Run, cause all the good runners either stayed home or went somewhere else lol

2. Premier

Premier Well-known Member

I've lost my motivation a bit after the wedding, still at PT 3 times a week but struggling to get up and go for a run, might need to bring the treadmill back into the lounge room. did 20min express zumba this morning just to try and get my morning exercise before work interest back.

I think my back gets better when I run, i feel more achy now than I ever have

3. Premier

Found my next goal

http://busseltonhalf.com.au/

signed up for the 5km but will aim for the 10km and hopefully just change my registration hopefully :)

Back on the treadmill tonight instead of PT, feel better for it

4. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

I plan to be there too Premier! That's the best thing you can do, is register so you have that goal to keep you more motivated!
    Welcome back:)*

5. Picup436

Picup436 Active Member

Well I got out there this morning in the rain, got drowned and almost blown away but finished W3D2. It wasn't fun though, but I'm glad I did it.

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I restarted c25k on Monday, did W1D1 plus 2.5km walk home afterward lol (I decided not to turn around when it says 'you are half way!' :p) but haven't had a chance to get out there again.
    I did another Wii Active cardio workout last night, pyked out half way (that sh*t is mean!) and jumped on the ex-bike for 20min instead and today my legs, back, knees etc are killing so bad!! I have decided I don't like cardio :eek: it's clearly good for me tho!!

7. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Haha sassy....no one likes cardio (well maybe gaia;)) but we all like the after feeling!:) good on you or doing the extra though!
    @) picup...good to see you back too.
    I'm just doing some treadmill intervals at the moment to get some speed up. stuff running in this wind, I'm like the horses...easily spooked!*#)

8. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Yep, I like cardio ..................... *#)

9. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Good luck tomorrow Gaia..**).let us know how you go.

I won't be there! Trackworking my new new zealander for the first time early morning then have to take one of my recently retired ones to play santas reindeer at the RDA Xmas party!

Might do the one on the 16 th but Saturday night sobriety isn't really my thing...really keen to do just a run soon again though so let me know if you hear of any.

10. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Well Dualathon done and i rekon the last 4 km run was the hardest I have ever done. After riding 20km on the bike, when i got off my legs were like "you want us to do what?" lol. Plus my dickie leg was stuffed by that stage so I sorta shuffled/limped the last run. All up I think I did 2 km run, 20 km bike, 4 km run in about 1.20 to 1.25ish? They said the let us go at 7.12 and my phone said 8.34 when I came in. Hopefully official times will go up soonish. Will I do it again? HELL YES! It was awesome!!! :lol:
    Few pics
    Bike anyone?
    [​IMG]
    My finishing buddies
    [​IMG]
    More of my finishing buddies
    [​IMG]

11. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Ok premier you have inspired me to stretch myself a bit too in regards to the busselton run**)
    I haven't ever really thought of doubt a half marathon but I am going to do the same as you and aim for the higher run and just do the 10 k if I am just not ready.
    I figure if I have to walk part of it then so be it but at least with an aim to complete it I might get there. The training program online looks pretty doable so let's see how we go!
    Putting it on here is to make me a little more accountable :eek:

12. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Hey Gaia or anyone else...did anyone do the Hillary's triathlon today?
    Think I'll have sea water in my lungs for the next week. Was fun though!

13. Premier

I am having no luck with my training I keep getting interrupted mid run by dogs taking off after roo's or today some idiot not securing his brand new ride on mower and it coming off into the back of his car. Fun Fun.

Still did nearly 5kms this morning

Trying to run every second day when I don't have PT, need to shift these last 3kgs

14. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

No I didn't FT. I had planned on doing it but having alot of problems with my leg. I'm struggling to run at all atm and after the Dualathon it was pretty buggerd ..... Will hopefully do the Jan one at Champion Lakes :)
    How did you go?

15. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

That's no good, nothing more frustrating than being motivated but injuries getting in the way.
    I was happy with my results given I haven't been on a Bike or swum since march when I went in the all female one as my first triathlon. :eek:
    I came 20th out of 68 in my age division and 76th out of 411 in the females so I was very happy with that. Mind you if I learnt how to change gears and not to sit down to wash my feet and put shoes and socks on I might improve the cycle leg.
    Last time that was my strongest leg...this time it was my worst.
    I hope to do the champion lakes one too,hope your leg improves before then!

16. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

I'd love to try one of the champion lakes events, but maybe later in the year as i train the cross country club at school in the first semester. it would be nice to have a different event to aim for. i dont know anything about these comps though. what kind of bike do you need and is there any special equipment needed?

17. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Any bike will do freestyle. Saw some people using mountain bikes but I was just on an Inexpensive racing bike. Last time I saw abike with a basket with flowers on it so I was pretty confident at that point I wasn't going to come last:p
    Basically it's anything goes, it is really about going out and beating your own times (or setting a benchmark if it's your first one).
    Would love to race like the pros but since I am not committed to cycling or swimming training I just go with the flow and hope my running training ensures I'm fit enough for the event.
    There are lots of people walking the run...they are just out there to complete rather than compete which is really inspirational in my eyes:)*. You really should just try one out...you'll be surprised how you just go with the flow and it ends up being easier than you expected.

18. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

:eek: I am so ashamed! I havent dont anything for about a week now, have been hit with a massive lack of motivation :(
    I am still supposed to be training for the Colour Run, but my mindframe at the moment is telling me to just forget it and pull out.
    Argh what happened! I was doing so well, for about 3months I was working out atleast 3 times a weak, usually more and now I cant even summon the energy to wash the dog :(

Sorry, a little woe is me here!!

19. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I seen that bike too! At the Pinkie Tri and the lady on it was woking her butt off!!!
    Do it Freestyle! I'll pick you up!! :D

20. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Aww sassy, don't be too down. . .a weeks not that long! But don't back out on the colour run. The fun is in the completion, especially in an event like that which is more focused on fun.

I think we need to keep this thread on page 1 to have that little extra motivation:hug: