C25K Running Programme

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by myyky, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Sassy I told her how impressed I was by her ability to run so quickly after having a baby.
    Bike sounds like a good idea until your shins are better. Maybe do some swimming as well and then come do a triathlon as well:D

Gaia that is so quick! Well done!**)
    I say do the triathlon...more of a challenge! If I waited til I was good at any of the legs I would never get around to doing one :p

2. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I changed settings on my bike to just flat run and got 15km in 40mins (one episode of Greys Anatomy :D) probably not as intensive as the pre-programmed up and down settings but I was able to get further... ';' will try level 3 tomorrow and see how i go!

One of our housemates mum started doing triathlons this year and was at the pinkie tri as well (i didn't know tho!) and she was talking me into them too, honestly tho I can't swim to save my life and would probably struggle to make one lap :eek: also no idea of pools around here, and not keen on going to a public one ...yuk!

3. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Probably bilgoman pool is closest to you. The swims range from 150m to 200 m for the shortest triathlons so that is only 3 or 4 laps. And they have people on kayaks out in the water so if you are struggling you can just hang on and have rest. You swim out 20 m then parallel to the shore so it's not too deep or daunting.
    I think the shortest one at the power station on the 1 st dec is 200 m swim 10 km bike and 2 km run so you'd probably find it very doable. Not sure if that is the same weekend as your CF walk tough.

4. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Hey why do we have an ad for the biggest loser weight loss club in our thread...surely we are all fit, ripped athletes who need no such help*#):p;)

Eta...clearly I'm kidding...at least about myself!

5. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

CF is this weekend FT, what's this triathlon? I'm tempted... Terrified.... But tempted...?? 1st Dec is free, so far!

I don't even own a swimsuit :eek: but looking into bilgoman ;)

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Second thought... Bilgoman ... No thanks! Eew...

7. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Mt Helena apparently has an aquatic centre... Might try that one! Closer too :)

8. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Hmm and I don't have my own bike...

9. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Sassy, Saturday dec 1st is the power station tri at coogee beach. Surely you can borrow a bike of someone. I saw, both at the pinkie tri and the one I did at Hillary's, someone with a bike with a basket on the front! :D just shows you not everyone is there to win or take it seriously but jut to give it a go.
    Jim Kidd had some cheap speedo bathers? One piece and 2 piece.
    If not that one sassy, maybe the Hillary's one on the 16 th dec!

What are you terrified about! If you can finish the 5 km you will be able to handle the tri no worries! Times don't matter it's just about personal achievement and setting yourself goals!:)*

10. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Terrified because I didnt exactly run the whole 5km! And not sure I can even run 2km non-stop (would have to walk intermitently!) and because running, swimming and bike riding are 3 things I am not particularly good at :p lol

I am considering it tho... if I can get my hands on a bike before entries close then I will (maybe) have a go...!

:eek:

ETA: I have just emailed my old boss who is a cycling enthusiast (read: addict) to see if he has some leads for where I might find a cheap bike that can handle gravel paths!

11. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

You will find lots of people walking in the run, stopping for a break in the swim ( holding on to the kayak ) and cruising on the bike to get their breath back. Not so much in the longer ones but everyone starts out somewhere!
    Now I better go wipe the cobwebs off mine! Still a bit sore from Sunday but should be ok tomorrow to get back in to it!
    Gaia do you get sore at all from a run like that or is your body just used to all the punishment now?;)

12. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I get sore. I have constant DOMS these days! My hip flexers and calves felt the weekends run. I had a stuffed hammy anyway and went to the physio yesterday, only for him to make it worse! Limping around today lol

13. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Hey guys...unfortunately there is no smiley with a hanging head in shame...I have been very very slack since the freo run and when I found out our RDA Xmas party was on the same day as the power station tri I put all that on that on the back burner.:eek:
    anyway hope you guys are still running along!

Summer splashdown on jan 27 may interest some of you who are into mud rush type events!

14. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I did the CF 7km walkathon last weekend and did a 4km walk Friday night, then yesterday I bought Sports Active PT for the Wii so did a cardio workout yesterday :D in between I have logged some kms on the ex-bike but it doesn't feel the same as walking!
    Plan to restart C25K this week, fingers crossed I can keep it up this time!!

15. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

I meant to ask how the CF walk went. **)
    Good on you! Has your group got any other runs coming up apart from the colour one?

16. Picup436

Picup436 Active Member

I started running again on the weekend! I managed to complete W4D1 after having 5 weeks off, but I'm paying for it now! My legs are a touch sore! But it was a great feeling to get out and run again after doing workout dvds for the last 5 weeks.

17. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

The CF Walk was good, quite a good turn out, my shins were a tad sore but held up ok, I wore a knee support thingo so that helped with that issue and my foot was a bit achey but I think its improving now... (geez I sound like a broken down geriatric!!).
    My knees and the muscles above my knees are caning from the cardio on saturday - :eek: squats and lunges...

Not sure what else Wing'n It! has planned this year, my sister has mentioned a few but I am taking a back-step til I am a bit less falling apart lol I am hoping to bring it in Feb for the Colour Run so am taking it easy now to prepare properly!

There was talk of a water event, kind of like Wipe-Out, but I am not ready for water sports just yet!!

18. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

That was sounds like summer splashdown which is what I mentioned in the post above! I've had a look at the website and it looks quite good. I assume it will sell out pretty quick to coz they have advertised on nova!
    Looks like more of a fun thing than a real event though...although there is prize money in the competitive section...where's Gaia!:D you could make some money!

19. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Haha, I'm here! Not sure about making money running tho. The marathon runners make 20 grand but run 42 k in like under 2 hours or something stupid like that! I made $100 when I came 3rd in the Bibra run lol :lol:
    I'm doing a Dualathon on Saturday. Dumb idea I rekon .... never ridden ore than 9ish k and I'm going 20 plus running! Dumb dumb dumb ................. :rolleyes:

20. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

I meant in the summer splashdown one. It looks like more of a fun event so I think the real super freaks wouldn't be there but the freaks like you could take out top spot ( calling you a freak in the nicest possible way...and I know you are close to a super freak, but you know the ones Im talking about);)