Bye Bye Babies!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Coliban Quarter Horse Stud, Apr 29, 2014.

1. In September we welcome babies to the world in April we see them go to their new homes.
    The black filly will stay in WA, she belongs to Horse girl Jess

[​IMG]

The bay filly owned by GoneRama will go to Victoria

[​IMG]

The red roan filly will stay in WA

[​IMG]

The red roan colt is going to the top end of QLD

[​IMG]

The palomino filly will travel to Victoria

[​IMG]

And look who came back home? Welcome home, Candy, aka DVD O Lena

[​IMG]

2. I got a phone call from the owner of the big pally filly last night. She said the truck couldn't turn around at the agistment centre so she had to meet it with a horse float on a busy street near the local school in Balarat. Poor filly has never seen so many little people in her life:D. Despite of all the action around her she was very well behaved getting off the truck and going on the float to her new home.

Poor baby boy Spike is only half way to his new home in Mackay.:eek:
    It is a hell of a hike for a weanling.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  3. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

Wren travelled well and is now settled in. The transport company was very impressed with how quiet all the babies were!

The journey of buying in utero has been really fun, I really enjoyed following the pregnancy and the first months of my filly's life before she finally arrived home. I was fortunate enough to be invited into Lena and Brian's home on a number of occasions, I really loved the road trips to Newdegate to visit these lovely people and their beautiful horses - my little girl included! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their designer gene program, it has worked so well for me and I now own a gorgeous, healthy, well-handled and well-bred little quarter horse filly of my own.

Waiting, waiting, waiting for Spinny (Coliban Thirty Eight Spin) to finally pop, she held out for more than a week!
    [​IMG]
    Finally came into the world!
    [​IMG]
    Cute as a button
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

Learning to be a big girl
    [​IMG]
    Branding :(
    [​IMG]
    Starting to fill out
    [​IMG]
    On her way to Perth
    [​IMG]
    13 months from when I purchased her in utero, she arrives home. Warm and toasty with her new rug and a belly full of dinner :)
    [​IMG]

5. The little bubs are at the WAQHA show, were very well behaved.

[​IMG]

Coliban Goodie Tru Shoes

[​IMG]

Coliban Once Ina Blu Moon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy your foals ladies:)

6. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Aww what good bubbies! It is always so nice seeing them out and about especially when they all have their best manners on :)

7. Thanks Lokenzo:)

At long last Spike is home. It was a long trip for a young boy but he handled it like a little champ with only positive feedbacks from drivers and agistors.

"Hi Lena, Mr Spike arrived this afternoon safe and well:) I have to say a huge thank you, He is every thing that you said and more. Such a chilled out dude just came off the truck had a look around, Had a scratch from everyone then wanted the hay in the back of the ute, considering he has spent the last 2 weeks travelling from the bottom of WA to central Qld you could be forgiven for thinking he was an old hand at it all. Awesome fellow and again a HUGE THANK YOU:):)We will take some more pics for you shortly."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

8. The last weanling, Coliban Kid Blu left our farm on Sunday.
    The place looks empty without babies:( Bring it on, foaling season in Spring!

Here is the testimonial of his buyer:)

So.. I finally have my boy safe at home.. He travelled the 8 hour trip like a dream and even unloaded in the dark with only me present as calm as he could have.
    This makes Coliban Kid Blu my third Coliban horse along with Coliban Strawberry and Coliban Chevrolet.
    Just quietly I think he's my favourite..
    Thank you Lena and Brian for breeding such beautiful well structured and sound animals that I can compete and breed in the future.
    I promise you that all three of your horses will be in the performance arena and I'm so excited for what's in store for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The buyer is leading the rookie division of WA rodeo circuit.

9. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Sad to see them go isn't it but wonderful to know they are going to great homes & you'll see them out & about - giving their owners joy. :)
    Gorgeous kids Coli. :)
    Love Coliban Once Ina Blu Moon. :)*

My last weanling left today. Very bare here now, sold all my big ponies/horses finally & just keeping Aurora (plus the Mini's), seems very weird now without all the big ponies/horses i had, as had quite a few several years back but lovely to cut numbers back including foals being bred. :))
    This was him yesty when we had nice weather, he's going thru the funky gangly stage ATM.

[​IMG]

And last month.

[​IMG]

10. Lovely baby, Remaani, nice front end and extention:)**)
    It will be starting for us in 4 weeks all over again:) . The first mare is due in Mid August, but she's been always early, then 4 mares in September, bang bang, bang one after another ( we bred them close) and the last one in November.
    I am starting getting excited:)

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Hope you have a great foaling season. :)*
    Be interesting how close the Sept due mares go, same day/night like a friend had happen last season etc.

Only 2 for me, just Miniatures this time, 1 will be a full sibling to a Small Horse filly i sold so this one will be a keeper regardless.

12. Good for you, Remaani:)
    Every foaling season I tell myself I should keep a foal, prep it and show it:) but it never works out to Brian's utmost delight:) Out of 6 foals due, 4 have been sold in utero and I have a waiting list on the remaining 2. I think he feels safe he wouldn't need to pull out his show boots and hat in a hurry.

13. Remaani

Remaani Guest

LOL re Brian's delight. :)
    I have my youngest son show alot for me now - it's kinda nice to sit back & hand the reins (well lead) to him. I should be like Brian, put away the show clothes & hat & let Deagan do it all. :)

14. QHRyder

QHRyder New Member

Great picture there of some fantastic looking creatures. Thanks for sharing and cant wait to see the next lot!