Buying 2nd hand gear

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by The Old Grey Mare, Jul 2, 2003.

1. The Old Grey Mare

The Old Grey Mare Active Member

this is not an ad, but i have found some really good bargains at the 2nd hand horse shop in Jandakot (Saddles & bits?).
    she has a great range of stuff. i bought a white saddle blanket, with gel pocket, for $20 in excellent condition. also got a set of weatherbeeta float boots for $10, need to be cleaned but in vg condition. also bought a fly net rug? if thats what they are called, for $45.00. just a wash in the machine & hey presto, i just saved myself heaps of cash. you can also trade stuff in apparently. i just love a bargain.

2. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

i love second hand saddles, always more comfy, and it is amazing to see some of the 'old' type of saddles etc, that have become un-fashionable and so arent made any more... second hand bridles are always so suppl, but sometimes you get the really bad stuff second hand, like cracked leather, broken saddles, etc.

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~

3. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

I've bought quite alot of stuff from there and I've also traded in afew things.With 5 horses to tack up I'm always looking for bargains. Last time I went I got a weatherbeeta hood that has hardly been used for $20. Also if there's something that you are really after she'll ring you if she manages to get it in any time.

Ali

4. JessiTrist

sounds like a good place! theres a second hand store in midland aswell... i cant think of the name

Jessica *

5. crave

crave Well-known Member

My sister also got a 2nd hand wintec all purpose from the Jandakot store, fully mounted great condition for $250.00. Fitted her QH perfectly and she got $100.00 trade in on her sucky old saddle.

crave

6. JessiTrist

sounds like second hand stores are the way to go!

Jessica *

7. kimberley

kimberley New Member

Saddles and Bits is an excellent place to shop. Went there myself and got a few bargains. Will be going back in the future to get more bargains.

8. Ruby007

Ruby007 New Member

If you don't mind mw asking... where is this second hand place...? I love second jand gear!

9. kimberley

kimberley New Member

It's on Muriel Court Jandakot. A fair way down on the right, there is a sign out the front.

10. AutumnAffair

AutumnAffair Active Member

Hey

If you are going to look 4 a saddle though b carful!!
    I traded a "bates caprilli" for a dressage saddle. I took it to pony club and rode in it all day. Whe we took it off we got one of the instructors to look @ it and it had a broken tree!!

But otherwise it is a fantastic place i ended up getting a wonderful Turnout saddle and it fitted perfectly. No broken tree this time! oh well.
    I found other great stuff as well like a pair of jumping boots, a bridle, numnah and heaps of stuff!!

/) __~
    /| )\
    Nikki

11. Gamby

Gamby Well-known Member

Yeh Saddles and Bits has heaps of gears and at really good prices!
    Im there all the time....I live on Muriel Crt, great place that!

Gamby

12. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

hmmm maybe i just picked a bad day when i went out there - nothing that took my fancy :(

or maybe it's just that the locals get it all hehehe!

p.