buckskin

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by shyloh, Mar 20, 2012.

1. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

hi bucky people could someone please answer this
    i thought buckskin was a colour not a breed so why would horse need to be registered with a society to be eligable for the colour buckskin and shown in bucky classes ';'
    cheers shyloh :}

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. mineees

mineees Gold Member

you are correct,its a colour not a breed...that is why we have colour registries.You have to be reg with a colour society to show under that colour.It gives you an extra class to show and it gives a good bred horse who is unregistered a registration to show under.It has to be reg for a colour class as other wise you would have every tom dick and harry saying their horse is a palomino or buckskin.And breeders like us breed for conformation,temperment and COLOUR. We love duns and breed duns.So by having a colour registry coloured horses have to have a standard to be reg by,and that weeds out any horse/pony that isnt very well put together.Just because its only a colour they still have to be of good conformation and true to their type of what ever breed they are. :))

3. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

thankyou mineees **) for answering my post very much appreciated
    i think i understand now :) so do's that mean my unregistered cross breed who meets the buckskin standards can be registered and shown in buckskin classes once I/we become a member of the colour registary hope i got this right :D
    cheers shyloh :}

4. mineees

mineees Gold Member

yes it sure does...:))