Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Sassy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

This is my aunties little black & white mare.

The other day I was looking her over, and it occured to me she has "coffee" coloured hair in her ears. She doesnt look buckskin... but... what do you think? Sunburnt, or cream?

I have some pics of my actually (definitely) bucky's ears, so will post them in a tick to compare!
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. norwest star

norwest star New Member

she could be a black buckskin
  3. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Thats what I am wondering too!
    She is infoal to a Pally, so if it comes out double dilute we'll have our answer LOL

This is my definite bucky's ears:
    A bit hairier, but I thought similar colouring...?
  4. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

The color around her eyes looks buckskin, we have a very dark bucky and she is this colour also.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. mineees

mineees Gold Member

looks buckskin to us...:))
  6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Will have to talk my aunty into DNA'ing her! Or if she has a double dilute foal we will know either way lol :D

I am pretty sure her grandsire is SC Bucks Supreme (Black Buckskin) so it is possible genetically. I will have to check her pedigree and see if either of her parents could have been dilute :)
  7. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Looks buckskin to me
  8. HarleyQH

HarleyQH Well-known Member

This is our Dark Buckskin, 'Dusty' His dam is Perlino so no questions regarding the cream gene. He has the cream ears too...

Dusty is by Three Solid Bars (Imp) out of Comries Ghost (Roc Olena) He is for sale :)
  9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

DNA test... I know a colt who had lighter coloured hair in his ears and a black coat so there was thought he was a smoky black (dilute parent). Turns out he is just weird as he doesn't have the cream gene LOL.