Buckskin?

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Sassy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

This is my aunties little black & white mare.

The other day I was looking her over, and it occured to me she has "coffee" coloured hair in her ears. She doesnt look buckskin... but... what do you think? Sunburnt, or cream?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have some pics of my actually (definitely) bucky's ears, so will post them in a tick to compare!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. norwest star

norwest star New Member

she could be a black buckskin

3. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Thats what I am wondering too!
    She is infoal to a Pally, so if it comes out double dilute we'll have our answer LOL

This is my definite bucky's ears:
    [​IMG]
    A bit hairier, but I thought similar colouring...?

4. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

The color around her eyes looks buckskin, we have a very dark bucky and she is this colour also.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. mineees

mineees Gold Member

looks buckskin to us...:))

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Will have to talk my aunty into DNA'ing her! Or if she has a double dilute foal we will know either way lol :D

I am pretty sure her grandsire is SC Bucks Supreme (Black Buckskin) so it is possible genetically. I will have to check her pedigree and see if either of her parents could have been dilute :)

7. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Looks buckskin to me

8. HarleyQH

HarleyQH Well-known Member

This is our Dark Buckskin, 'Dusty' His dam is Perlino so no questions regarding the cream gene. He has the cream ears too...
    [​IMG]

Dusty is by Three Solid Bars (Imp) out of Comries Ghost (Roc Olena) He is for sale :)

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

DNA test... I know a colt who had lighter coloured hair in his ears and a black coat so there was thought he was a smoky black (dilute parent). Turns out he is just weird as he doesn't have the cream gene LOL.