Brood Mare Updates!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by ArabAtHeart, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sil

sil Gold Member

She did this last year, we had her running with Fred but never saw him serve her. We figured she just didn't want to know. She looked like this until about two weeks before she foaled; she suddenly dropped weight and looked pregnant which is what gave the game away, and we found an udder on her. We lost that foal as nobody was there when she foaled (suffocated in the caul); Mel suggested we get a foster foal on her that someone on stockies was looking for a mum. With her helpful advice we had Noodles on her that afternoon. Needless to say this year we have a foal alarm, cameras etc and a lot of tomato soup and are taking nothing for granted.

Noodles' mum is on stockies but I don't think she posts often. here's a few piccies

Pretending to be a Saddlebred like mum
    [​IMG]

Eating a bucket
    [​IMG]

6 months old and ready to go home to his real mum
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. samm

samm Gold Member

On the other end of the scale Molly who doesn't hide it very well!She's wider than she is tall being only 11.2h.!lol

Her 340 days is on the 28th of this month.
    [​IMG]

3. sil

sil Gold Member

She looks amazing! I just can't believe how huge the Welshies get, it's like she's carrying an extended family in there.

4. samm

samm Gold Member

Thanks Sil.
    If I hadn't have had her scanned I'd be a bit worried she'd have two in there with the size of her.
    Not long to go (hopefully).

5. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Ooooh I remember Noodles but didn't know the story behind your mare! A sad situation but was able to help another foal! Well done!

Goodluck for this one! Is this a Nitro baby?

HAHA! And then there's Samm's mare!

6. sil

sil Gold Member

Yep Nitro baby :) Samm there's got to be a whole litter of foals in there lol!

7. Lacey

Lacey Well-known Member

Thought i'd add a few pics of my girl due soon (i though a couple of weeks but am going to have to check dates again as just doesnt look as far along as she was last time)

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

I want out of here!!!

[​IMG][/IMG]

still looks a little way to go judging by those

[​IMG][/IMG]

She finally stood in the sun!!!

In foal to QH stallion Spin on Command she is a TB mare 2nd foal though lost the first at 7 days to a hole in the bladder.

Lacey

8. Funny_Farm

Funny_Farm Active Member

';'Ahhhhh, thought it was all ago, lol, yesterday had one in my back yard, she promptly started to lay down right outside our back door, lol... Looking at her backend, kind of pulsating from the back end and was leaking from there too, drip drip drip, lol.... Thought yes here we go here we go here we goooooo, lol... But noooooo still no foal, lol.... She is ever so on alert though and has all the tell tale signs but i think she is teasing her poor mum in seeing her first boys bub, the rat bag, lol.....
    Cheers Chell*#)

9. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

Kitty has 11 days to go, but i think she is going to go early, she went off her feed a bit, and has started getting a bit more restless, and now that i flew back uo to work last night, and not home til next Wednesday, no doubt she will ahve it when im up here

:) Cant wait til she pops it out :)

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Oh hope all goes well.
    Look forward to your soon to be new foal. :)*

11. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

[​IMG]

GA due soon!

12. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

Thanks K, me to, It's just a tad exciting, lol

Ill put piccies up :D

13. thorne

thorne New Member

Finally got some updates shot of two of our 3 girls foaling this season.

Both of these mares are in foal the Stanley Grange Cocksure - a stunning PUK winning stallion from England via Frozen AI. Spring has certainly come early for our two girls. Both are single rugged throughout winter, but neither have any coats. They have better coats than the show ponies under lights!!!!! :)*

The first Glyndebourne Morticia is 14.1 and due in 6 weeks. This is her 5th foal (1st 4 are all fillies) and they all seemed to carry wide until about the last week when she drops right down. Slightly fuller nipples, but no bag as of yet. According to the lunar charts Tish is giving us another filly!!!!

[​IMG]

Then there is Blandford Dancing Queen who is 12.2 and due in 14 weeks. She looks bigger (belly wise)than Morticia, but certainly only because of her size. This will be Anna's 6th foal and the 3rd for our stud. And according to the lunar charts, Anna is a 50/50

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  14. Remaani

Remaani Guest

They look great Thorne. :)*

Antares today, due Oct/Nov.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

I don't have any foals due this season but last season I took this photo my mixed breed pony mare Molly. She had 3 wks to go and still went 2 wks over due. I thought she was going to burst at the seams!!!
    Molly stands 13.3hh and my arab stally is 14.3hh. She always carries her foals like this lol

I haven't posted photos for a while so I hope this works :)

[​IMG]

16. Remaani

Remaani Guest

LOL Taryn.... don't you feel terrible for them at that size? :D
    My Pinto Arab Pony above has 8 wks left, however she was served once before that so she'd have 5 wks left if she fell the first time but came back in season (& served once again).
    However she's starting to spring an udder so all eyes are on her now.

Last season she went 18 days over & was in foal to a 15/15.1hh stallion & still not as big as she is now!
    She's only 13.2hh & currently in foal to my 11.3 & 3/4 Cremello Pt Arab stallion.
    Vet assures me there is one in there, but i'm thinking one baby elephant! :p

17. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

Yeah lol ~one baby elephant on it's way ~ I did feel so bad for my lil Molly but I knew what to expect as I've had two from her and my stally b4. Not that this one was planned, I wasn't going to use her again to my boy as I'd bought a new mare, so she decided to break out of her yard and bust down the stally's stable lol very determind. One serve from her supposed "husband" and she was happy as larry. Remaani your mare looks in great condition and I can't wait to see the baby and everyone elses for that matter. I also think Amandasmiths mare is absolutely stunning she's a credit to you hun

18. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

If I can come back as a horse....make it a grey :D She looks much slimmer in pics than what she actually is (lucky girl!!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4/5 weeks to go :}

19. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

My welsh B mare is due in 5 weeks. She is a very roomy mare and just looks fat. Milk bar is just starting to appear.

Login | Facebook

:D

20. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

I know a mare in labour.... and I know some people who are looking forward to this foal indeed!