Brood mare updates!!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Remaani, Jun 18, 2009.

1. manocaaron

manocaaron Well-known Member

M4F...whats your girls reg name? I know she is a Kalinya Park, but looks suspiciously like one I had a few yrs ago. cant see her off side brand very clearly, mine had the brand 2 over 8. looks like yours is 1 over 1 but I could be wrong???

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

We are at 420 days today. Mare has been scanned again today (twice) In the space of 1/2hr the foal had completely turned - head is now facing the correct way to be born **).

There have also been a few other changes occur today, mare is getting grumpier - was very grumpy when at the vets being scanned, was off standing by herself in the paddock which is not normal.

Given these changes and discussions with the vet, we are hoping that within the next few days our foal will venture into a world outside of it's mothers belly!

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Goodluck SSAPH! I've been waiting for updates to see how she's doing!

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Whoo hoo.. getting closer my4fillies - best of luck, hope she foals down safely for you. :)*
    I have updated pics of Flirt, she's either 6 days over due, hahahaha or 9.5 wks to go!

http://www.stockyard.net/vbulletin/breeding-horses/58833-flirts-thread.html

5. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

yippeee! the foal should be cooked well enough to do a double back flip outa there ;)

6. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

She's KP Edelweiss, brand is 1 over 1. Maybe full sibling to the one you had? Her parents are Alumeah Kalinya and Shirrine First Edition

7. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

I really hope she foals safely for you very soon SSAPH, that baby should hit the ground running, being 3 months old and all*#)

8. manocaaron

manocaaron Well-known Member

aaah, mine was KP Cheval, same sire- different dam though, cant remember her dams name off the top of my head- think she might have been a Balalika (sp) mare. she is very similar looking though;)

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

*pops head in looking for SSAPH update!*

10. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

Day 421 - still no foal...... but we now have an udder developing. One side had slightly thickened up last night an by 9am this morning she had and udder!!!!

Things are starting to progress now and we can actually see some physical changes FINALLY

Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer. The record for a mare gestation is 431 days (from what the vets have said) we are only 10 day off of that now

11. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Goodluck SSAPH not long now! (hopefully! :p).

12. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

Do you have a scalpel??? ;)