Brood mare updates!!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Remaani, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Tisharli

Tisharli Active Member

2. robbing'charisma

robbing'charisma Well-known Member

How could a foal not be stunning with a dam and sire that look like they do?! Can't wait to see what her foal will look like:)*

3. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Splendour is Due Dec 25th and so hoping she doesnt go over as we are supposed to be moving....be just my luck she holds up all the works!!

Photo's taken last week
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Some updated pics.

Foxy, 285 days (pics taken yesty at 284 days).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mardi, 286 days (pics yesty at 285 days).. she is very soft around the tailhead, deeper pink inside vjayjay & tummy has changed shape quite a bit. Mini's can foal with a healthy bub 300 days onwards so she's yarded with Foxy & am keeping an eye on her incase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

We are still waiting :mad::mad::mad:.

Mare is offically at 408 days. And still shows no sign of foaling - Remanni your mares have a bigger udder than our girl.

And yes before anyone asks (as it is always the first question people ask) the dates are correct (the joy of hand serving), the mare is still in foal (having weekly scans to make sure foal is not in any distress). It is just not ready to be born.

We are over this waiting game, will you just lay down and pop this baby out pleeease.

6. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

OMG, Id be grabbing the tongs out of the kitchen by now :eek: *#) Has this mare pulled this stunt before?

7. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

Any news???

8. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

We are today offically 11wks overdue.

Apparently the record for the longest gestation period is 431 day - we are rapdily approaching that by being 411 days today :(.

Siren we don't have a history to go on with this mare as she has been a difficult breeder (gets in foal easily but loses them beteewn 75 & 100 days).

9. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

do you have any hair left SSAPH?

10. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

We are now at 416 days:mad: - mare still happy**). Me thinks that this foal is getting way to comfortable in his mums belly!! - You need to enter the real world!

11. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

ouch. wow, has it been a fuss free pregnancy?

12. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

Ada has 7 days to go til she's due and I'm fascinated by all the changes she has experienced.
    We have: lengthening of vulva and it appears to be sticking out, muscle slackness, udder development, wax on monday morning (nothing noticed since). Milk is a slightly sticky yellowy colour.
    She has a huge appetite still and appears quite comfortable.
    My question is I'm pretty sure she has been slowly losing the mucous plug for the last 2 days. There's a gooey murky brown discharge sitting on the vulva. Who else has noticed this? Is it what I think it is and how long does it normally last? Should I ring the vet?

13. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

I don't think she can't be cremello, as her dad does not have the creme gene and cremello is a double dilute colour.
    It would be interesting to see what colour she is!!

14. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

OMG !! whats the news, I shouls say...is there any news ??

Hope all goes well **)

Cheers
    Lee

15. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

I think Remaani was saying she "looks" cremello but is splashed white or max sabino:)*

16. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Thanks AAH but i do know she's not a Cremello.
    I was simply stating she "looks" like one, if you were to walk in the paddock without being too close to her to see the patches of black skin - then yes you'd say she's Cremello. ;)
    But she's not. ;) I know all about Double Dilutes etc as got a "real" one sitting in the paddock LOL - cheers. **)
    Her base colour would be either Bay, Black, Buckskin with 50% chance of Grey i'm guessing, that's without testing her.

Thanks Goodie. :)*

Some updated pics of Flirt, hmmm she's either 273 days or 344 days today - interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
  17. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

Flirt looks about the same as my girl who's due in 7 days. Flirt must be due now, how long was her last pregnancy?

18. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

nope nothing changed yet.... will be 12wks over tomorrow! Just want to see what this baby is like, 1st Marqui baby born this year is a stunner!- hoping this one will be the same

19. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Awesome, bet you are excited! **)
    She's either 344 days today, or 273 days - but seriously i doubt she still has 10 wks to go looking at her, lol. :D

No idea how long her last preg was, did ask her last owner (that bred with her) but she hasn't answered, lol.

Any updated pics of your gal? :)

20. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

Yep glad to share some more pics. First one taken on the 15th

[​IMG]

And these ones all taken today :) 3 days till due date... chrissy eve! So excited and really want it out NOW!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nipples have filled in last cpl of days and are pointing down. Totally loose behind and waddling around. Loose manure today too:).
    Funny watching her position her legs to pee, takes her ages to shift all that weight lol